Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so we did the body lift today and all seemed good part way through the test drive. then i noticed a knock at a certain point when i turn right, but not back to straight or leaft. we figured out that the steering extension is hitting the metal piece that i dont know whats called above the coil. i later noticed (on my way home) that i cant turn right while braking unless the car is stopped. any ideas?

btw. the performance accessorys body kit is a piece of shit!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'd contact the company who made the kit first, but before that go back and double check everything is tight or not overtightend.

Were there torque specs on the directions?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, we torqued everything down correctly, not sure if they are open today tho. were going to work on it some more and hopefully get it fixed

·
CALI BOSS
6,309 Posts
Hope you guys get it sorted out bro

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
the sterring shaft extension was hitting the top of the coil perch. Grinded a nice 45 on the edge and grinded the head of the bolt down about .1"

I strongly recommend doing this with this lift before installing.

plenty of clearance now.

Truck is hella tall now, towers over my droped canyon.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
this lift was all fucked up, we had to build extra blocks, modify others, modify the steering shaft extension, i think thats it. \

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
huh i never had any issues with mine but i didnt install it so i dont know if the place had to modify it in anyway to make it work properly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts