1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Welcome neighbor! In for thee details.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
looks nice, as always Im curious as to which manifolds you used/how you mated them up to get them both to the turbo. very clean looking install

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will there be a way to retain the AC if a guy wanted to?
Yes I did all of the mock up and fabrication in mind with keeping the Ac, I am going to have to make new lines but I have a local source for that.

Did you make your own manifold?
I used a Hooker swap manifold on the driver side , and I fabricated a log style for the passenger side. I made it very similar to the way the Buick Grand Nationals were done.

looks nice, as always Im curious as to which manifolds you used/how you mated them up to get them both to the turbo. very clean looking install
Check out the pic attached.

I had the exhaust routed out the fender but decided to change it around and route out under the truck. I am sending the oem wheels off to have the fronts narrowed and the rears widened. To keep the "stock" look.

I took the pic of the parts to get quotes on coating... the new down pipe is not in the pics
We fabbed up everything from left over stuff I had laying around the shop...You can see the support bracket in the pics that mounts the turbo to the passenger side head.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did this build on the cheap , My target goal for the whole truck was stay around the $5k mark. I had a ton of left over stuff from previous LS swaps and builds. I gave $1200 for the truck, $800 for the 6.0 , I had a trans built $1400 , Harness was $950 , then I spent about $1600 on stuff to finish it. I missed my goal but I did over kill some stuff like the massive trans cooler and all top notch parts on the fuel system.. I would rather have went over my budget than have to go back and redo stuff later...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
very nicely done, the rear looks like the only weak point now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys its getting there , I lowered the truck the other day dropped it with the belltec ball joint kit and used blocks in the rear, I am going to get a set of cal-trac split monos made for the back and run a set of their bars... I would swap it over to 4 link but I want to try and make it work on the leaf spring set up...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
in for the info on the rear split springs, i was looking at them myself.
wondering if i can tow with them ?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
With that much power there is no need for AC.......windows down to hear that beast scream

·
Registered
867 Posts
PHX.--daily driver -- I'm old--------oh and I hear lots of screaming at three auctions a week,each with six or eight lanes going at once,wonder I can hear anything period!!But I do love a great exhaust--and cold AC.

I wish I could use my existing headers(that I have all sorts of time and money in) and have a turbo mounted like tune thief does but I don't think I would be able to come up with a pipe on the pass. Side to the turbo and a down pipe maybe back to the remaining exhaust. I am kind of a neat freak and don't want to spoil the nice eng. compartment I have unless I can still make it all nice and neat.really would like more hp though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hopefully Current Performance can shed some light on my wiring issues tomorrow and I can get this pig on the dyno..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts