Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've been looking for the perfect wheels for this truck because I hate the wheels that are on it. Here's how its sits:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1418583459.694208.jpg

I had originally wanted some xtremes for it but I can't find any for a reasonable price and I think I'd prefer 20's anyways. I also looked at some American Racing wheels but they only came in 17's. So now I'm thinking some SS wheels, here are some that I found:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281312191984

I checked the offset compared to the stock wheels on the calculator one of you guys showed me and I got this:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1418583588.029196.jpg

It looks like they'll stick out farther and have less room on the inside is that right?

Now here's my main question, to anyone that has or has had these wheels. Will the sit inside the fenders? Not flush but actually inside so if I lower the truck a lot it will go down over them. And will the wheels at the link I provided work on my truck? Thanks guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Well I do not know how far they will stick oout, but I do know you will have to bore them or put a spacer on to bolt them up. The bolt pattern is fine, but the center bore is too small. Some of the other guys will chime in with the rest of the info.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You need a bit more clarification I believe.

Like Digem, I can't tell you how the new wheel will sit on your vehicle, but you do need them bored or the addition of spacers. That will of course affect the stance outside of the actual wheel specs.

But the most confusing part to me is your wheel specs. I'm not sure the numbers you posted are correct.

Are the wheels on your truck stock? I'm not familiar with that design (personally). But a conventional Z85 wheel is 6.5" wide with a +41 mm offset. Not 22 mm as you show on your calculator. This can be confirmed by the manufacturer sticker on the driver door jamb.
If the wheels are not stock, then perhaps the numbers you posted are correct, however you stated you were comparing "stock" values either way.

I do not know the specs of factory SS wheels, but I do not believe they are +22 mm. No experience from me, but it just does not sound correct from what I remember reading. Those who have the wheels currently will need to provide the accurate width/offset numbers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need a bit more clarification I believe.

Like Digem, I can't tell you how the new wheel will sit on your vehicle, but you do need them bored or the addition of spacers. That will of course affect the stance outside of the actual wheel specs.

But the most confusing part to me is your wheel specs. I'm not sure the numbers you posted are correct.

Are the wheels on your truck stock? I'm not familiar with that design (personally). But a conventional Z85 wheel is 6.5" wide with a +41 mm offset. Not 22 mm as you show on your calculator. This can be confirmed by the manufacturer sticker on the driver door jamb.
If the wheels are not stock, then perhaps the numbers you posted are correct, however you stated you were comparing "stock" values either way.

I do not know the specs of factory SS wheels, but I do not believe they are +22 mm. No experience from me, but it just does not sound correct from what I remember reading. Those who have the wheels currently will need to provide the accurate width/offset numbers.

The wheels that are currently on it are not stock but since they were on it when I bought it, I have no idea what the specs are on them so I used stock specs to see how they would be different from the stock look. I got the stock specs from this page:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1418586539.984895.jpg

It was under wheel specs here on this forum.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
What year is your truck? The spec listed on the page you provided appears to be inaccurate for a Z85. My 2008 Z85 4x4 aluminum wheels are without a doubt 15", 6.5 +41mm offset.

The Z71 wheel specs appear to be correct.

You may be able to determine the spec of the wheel on your truck now. You will have to remove it though. Many wheels have the offset stamped into the casting on the inside. Evident when you remove the wheel and look inside. (not inside the tire). It MIGHT even have the width. With that said, if you have an offset stamp an no width, you really are still at a loss for information as you need both values to know the subsequent backspace.

The easier way is to wait for somebody with SS wheels to tell you how they sit. ha!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What year is your truck? The spec listed on the page you provided appears to be inaccurate for a Z85. My 2008 Z85 4x4 aluminum wheels are without a doubt 15", 6.5 +41mm offset.

The Z71 wheel specs appear to be correct.

You may be able to determine the spec of the wheel on your truck now. You will have to remove it though. Many wheels have the offset stamped into the casting on the inside. Evident when you remove the wheel and look inside. (not inside the tire). It MIGHT even have the width. With that said, if you have an offset stamp an no width, you really are still at a loss for information as you need both values to know the subsequent backspace.

The easier way is to wait for somebody with SS wheels to tell you how they sit. ha!

It's a 2004. Yes hopefully someone will chime in. Any idea how hard it is to bore out the wheel to make it fit?

Also: this was kind of the look I was going for:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1418605480.318282.jpg

But I don't think those sit in far enough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So update, I decided against the ss wheels because they don't have enough of an offset to clear the fenders. I'm open to any options you guys can give me!

·
5,959 Posts
Ss wheels should fit fine. Lots of people put them on 355s. But if u truly want something else here is an option
EUROMAX WHEELS
Chromimum Black or Machine face
20x8.5 35mm offset $750
22x9.5 38mm offset $950
Euromax515

Here is a members truck with the 20" Euromax on it Chromimum Black Finish

Also here is my old setup 20x8.5 +22 offset boss 330s

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Is your plan to bag the truck?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
There are a ton of members static dropped on the Xtreme and SS wheels.

I'm 4/6 dropped with no issues on factory spec'd wheels

·
5,959 Posts
Hes asking because you seem really interested in getting wheels that are gonna sink in a lot. Just some food for thought my 18s I have now are 18x9 +12 with a 245/40/18 tire and a 5" drop and I actually want to space min out a bit more to sit flush. Granted I have zq8 flares

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know the xtreme wheels sit great but based on what I've seen and the offset calculator, ss wheels will stick out of the fenders and I hate that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts