Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I recently purchased a 2004 Envoy for my girl and by recently I mean two days ago haha. We went in and traded her Eclipse in on it. So far, she loves it. The thing rides like a car, has a pretty decent turning radius, and is big enough to give her some room inside yet small enough for a ease of driving.

It is an SLE. It has a 4.2 I6 and is a 4x4. It's a tanish gold, I think it's called Sand beige metallic or something, with a tan cloth interior. Came with power locks and windows, power sunroof, roof rack, and a cd player. As of right now, it has about 35-36k miles on it and picked it up for $12k after talking the sales guy down from $22K.

Here are a couple pictures of the Envoy. Decided to surprise the wife and take it in and have the windows tinted to match the rears. Really glad I did. Surprisingly changed the way the whole vehicle looks.

Hopefully I will be able to pick up a 2" or 3" drop soon and going to try to get some nice 20s in the wheel wells to give this thing some life. I am debating on rims that are black with a chrome lip, then run a black grille with the chrome outer housing. Then again, I could just run chrome grille and wheels, which is probably what I am going to do.

I have looked around the net and haven't really seen very many people with this color of Envoy that has done a lot to it...

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
839 Posts
how the hell did you talk down 10g's?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Trailblazer SS wheels. and 10g is a ton to talk down, must have some good skills.also i think McGaughys makes a good drop kit for the 4x4. lookin good tho

·
Registered
169 Posts
Shave the badges! Blck wheels and black grille. Lookin good.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Let's see.. the $10gs came from my superb "deh social skillz" haha. We talked with the salesman and told him that we wanted an SUV and for the payments to be about what we were paying for her car.

He walked us around and showed us a couple, then we test drove an Envoy XUV wich is a hell of a lot longer than what we have now. It had about 50k miles and was really nice for $19K, but it was owned by a smoker at one point in time, and I am allergic to cigarette smoke. It's not that bad, but it's bad enough that my eyes turned red and started watering and my nose clogged and I couldn't speak clearly because of the clogged nose. Rather funny actually. He tried to convince us to buy it and that the smell would go away, but once he realized I wasn't faking and after I told him and his manager that there was no chance of us buying that unless they could get rid of that smell.

Of course they couldn't so he started trying to sell us a car instead. I told him that I wanted an SUV for her in order to get her out of a car, which now-a-days can be a death trap because of all the other bigger vehicles on the road. She needed a midsive for safety, as well as room for more comfort (Eclipses blow if you are about 6' tall or more haha). Once he realized I wasn't budging on the vehicle either, he found this one and started making offers since he could tell we were interested.

They tried negotiating with the monthly payment, but I wouldn't budge. Then they ran her credit without her authorizing it. That was just another kick in their ass because she called them on it. So there was more money off. I also told him that we just got married and I had to pay for the wedding out of pocket so I don't have too much to offer (we are married, but we are doing the big wedding in 6 months haha, so sneaky).

They tried giving us a payoff trade-in, but I told them I could put a little bit of time into the vehicle and sell it for $10k EASY. There was nothing wrong with it mechanically. So I got them to raise the offer by $3k, then I had military, plus the promotional offer, plus my "deh social skillz" and he took off about $10k. That plus the fact that I was there from about 5-530pm until about 10pm negotiating and doing paperwork probably paid off.

I honestly don't believe that I got that much off of it since I don't think the thing would have booked for $22k, but I know they didn't make as much off of me with how much they dropped for the price. It booked at $24k for Excellent condition, so I could see how $22k wouldn't be to far off...

Anyway, she is happy, I have a new toy to mod, and it will be a great road trip vehicle! Definately a plus...

*Edit* INTIMID8R, it does defeat the purpose, but the only time she will use the 4x4 is going into AWD. We don't plan on doing anything like that with her vehicle it's just for road trips. Plus, lowering saves on gas, depending on the rims of course...

Z

·
0 Posts
Let's see.. the $10gs came from my superb "deh social skillz" haha. We talked with the salesman and told him that we wanted an SUV and for the payments to be about what we were paying for her car.

He walked us around and showed us a couple, then we test drove an Envoy XUV wich is a hell of a lot longer than what we have now. It had about 50k miles and was really nice for $19K, but it was owned by a smoker at one point in time, and I am allergic to cigarette smoke. It's not that bad, but it's bad enough that my eyes turned red and started watering and my nose clogged and I couldn't speak clearly because of the clogged nose. Rather funny actually. He tried to convince us to buy it and that the smell would go away, but once he realized I wasn't faking and after I told him and his manager that there was no chance of us buying that unless they could get rid of that smell.

Of course they couldn't so he started trying to sell us a car instead. I told him that I wanted an SUV for her in order to get her out of a car, which now-a-days can be a death trap because of all the other bigger vehicles on the road. She needed a midsive for safety, as well as room for more comfort (Eclipses blow if you are about 6' tall or more haha). Once he realized I wasn't budging on the vehicle either, he found this one and started making offers since he could tell we were interested.

They tried negotiating with the monthly payment, but I wouldn't budge. Then they ran her credit without her authorizing it. That was just another kick in their ass because she called them on it. So there was more money off. I also told him that we just got married and I had to pay for the wedding out of pocket so I don't have too much to offer (we are married, but we are doing the big wedding in 6 months haha, so sneaky).

They tried giving us a payoff trade-in, but I told them I could put a little bit of time into the vehicle and sell it for $10k EASY. There was nothing wrong with it mechanically. So I got them to raise the offer by $3k, then I had military, plus the promotional offer, plus my "deh social skillz" and he took off about $10k. That plus the fact that I was there from about 5-530pm until about 10pm negotiating and doing paperwork probably paid off.

I honestly don't believe that I got that much off of it since I don't think the thing would have booked for $22k, but I know they didn't make as much off of me with how much they dropped for the price. It booked at $24k for Excellent condition, so I could see how $22k wouldn't be to far off...

Anyway, she is happy, I have a new toy to mod, and it will be a great road trip vehicle! Definately a plus...

*Edit* INTIMID8R, it does defeat the purpose, but the only time she will use the 4x4 is going into AWD. We don't plan on doing anything like that with her vehicle it's just for road trips. Plus, lowering saves on gas, depending on the rims of course...
wanna help me buy my next car? lol

·
Registered
667 Posts
Nice, not feeling those wheels at all.

Tint looks good too.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
nice skilz....

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wanna help me buy my next car? lol
Just remember, you don't have to buy anything. Walk out if they aren't going to give you what you want. Bottom line is that they will not sell you a vehicle if they aren't going to make money on it. Also, shop around, get an idea of what you want, what they run for, etc. Basically know your shit going in, tell them where you want to be, and be prepared not to buy something. I learned that off my boss's wife. She walked out of a dealership because she wanted her payments at said $$ and they wouldn't drop another $10. Needless to say they called her that night and offered her what she wanted.

Nice, not feeling those wheels at all.

Tint looks good too.
Yeah, I hate those wheels with a passion. I washed it today for her and they are just an eyesore and a half.

looks comfy :)
VERY comfy! I almost thought about switching the seats out of my truck in there, but mine are dark grey and hers are tan. She would definately notice that haha.

Nice ride and NICE deal Boyd!!! She should be happy!

And if you haven't found any forums for it yet, check out...

Trailvoy.com - The Chevy Trailblazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiast Site

I registered over there after we came across a meet of theirs in Columbus when we were heading to our 355 meet in Dayton last May!! Shit was hilarious!

Baddest one there..

Yeah, I found it the night I bought the Envoy haha. I have learned from this website as well as the other that no matter what you own, there is probably a forum out there with a shit ton of knowledge haha. Thanks for the heads up though. I already know what size and offset I need for rims, tire size not to rub, drop size and brand, and what to do with the intake and exhaust.

Good lookin out brotha.:355:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
No problem man! That seems like a great community over there. I'm sure there's a shitload of knowlege to learn!

And I have a buddy who has that same approach to buying cars, but he got it good last time he bought something!! He was absolutly FIRM on having a $275/mo payment....not a PENNY more. The truck he bought was an 06 Z71 Silverado fully loaded, Demo so it had like 5K on it. I forget what he got them down to on price, but he put down another $9,000 to have his payment where he wanted it, but they still had to come down more on the sticker. So they did and he signed. We picked it up the next day.....he sits down in the finance office, lady whips out papers....yea.....payment was $276.75/mo!!! He was flippin PISSED!! hahaha But he decided not to pass up on the truck for an extra $1.75/mo. None of it matters though cause he was driving drunk and totalled it like 5 months later...fucking douche bag.

Sorry Boyd, back on Topic....lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts