Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried to scale a hill today and bottomed the back bumper in the mud. Didn't make it and f-ed up the black piece on the bumper.

The chrome piece is fine, but on one side, the black piece (the one holding the license plate) is peeled back (where the two brackets broke). Is just that piece replaceable or do I have to buy a whole new bumper?

I'll get pics tomorrow...I'm so pissed (damn long wheel base!...and hill!)

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I can get the # at work today....

And I messed mine up too! There is a ditch on both sides of our driveway here. Our 1st night here I was backing in cause I had a load of stuff and my windows were up so I couldn't really see with my mirrors, backed right into the damn ditch! My pass. wheel wasn't even on the ground, the bumper was like holding that side of the truck up! Called AAA and when they pulled it out, it broke some tabs on that piece but I'm just gonna use some glue at work.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
So I tried to scale a hill today and bottomed the back bumper in the mud. Didn't make it and f-ed up the black piece on the bumper.

The chrome piece is fine, but on one side, the black piece (the one holding the license plate) is peeled back (where the two brackets broke). Is just that piece replaceable or do I have to buy a whole new bumper?

I'll get pics tomorrow...I'm so pissed (damn long wheel base!...and hill!)
If you haven't bought it yet I still have my old bumper. I got rear ended but only the outside plastics were damaged IIRC, I could pull it off and ship it if you want :shrug:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Got beat to the punch! lol

And just a ballpark, our estimating system is showing it at $64.62. I say ballpark because sometimes the system is high, others it's low.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Got beat to the punch! lol

And just a ballpark, our estimating system is showing it at $64.62. I say ballpark because sometimes the system is high, others it's low.
When I got hit the insurance co. gave me a check for the full bumper and the labor. I was going to LA in a few months and iwa100 just got his rollpan, so I gave him $100 or so for his old bumper and used the rest as spending cash :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
How much in shipping though?

I checked there before I got my Z85 lip and they were like $10 cheaper than my cost through work, but they also wanted $90 something for shipping!!! Brought the total to like $135 and my cost was $51.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
They've really jacked up their shipping over the past year. Last year I bought my airdam for about $55 shipped with a 10 pack of the plastic push pins. They've added like $80 to the cost of shipping, it's insane.

edit: Just checked shipping on that bumper piece, it's only $10.95 amazingly enough. Total = $50.61

1 - 11 of 11 Posts