Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So basically I have a 2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 LS 3.5L I5 4WD with 198k Miles and my engine knock is extremely bad when I start it in the cold morning now. I was told my oil pressure should be at about 40PSI and it's running about 10 or 12PSI. I'd like to know if anybody could sell my a 3.5L I5 engine or if anyone knows where I could get a decent deal on one. If anyone here skilled enough would be willing to install this engine for me(whether you provide the engine or not) I would pay pretty fairly. I just don't wanna get raped price wise to have a shop install an engine and I know quite a few of you have some experience swaping these lil engines out. Thanks in advance I'm real desperate now this thing can blow any day!

I have checked my oil levels that's not the issue although it does burn oil and I have to top it off sometimes. I switched from 5w-30 oil to 10w-40 (thanks to Supermodulation) as a bandaid to quiet the knocking which it did for a while but it's just getting worse.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
You could also do an 07 3.7 for a super simple swap and an 08+ supposedly works if you swap over all of your sensors (including drilling the head for one) and that to the 08+.

Gives you more options because the 3.5s aren't easy to find and why not get a small bump in power while you are at it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was thinking about that, I didn't know they're more common than the 3.5's but makes sense considering they're not as old. Yeah I'll take a 3.7L if anybody is selling one!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Have you tried looking HERE? I see about three 3.7L 2007 I-5s and a bunch of 3.5L 2004-2006 I-5 engines near your area via car-part.com...

·
Registered
33 Posts
So basically I have a 2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 LS 3.5L I5 4WD with 198k Miles and my engine knock is extremely bad when I start it in the cold morning now. I was told my oil pressure should be at about 40PSI and it's running about 10 or 12PSI. I'd like to know if anybody could sell my a 3.5L I5 engine or if anyone knows where I could get a decent deal on one. If anyone here skilled enough would be willing to install this engine for me(whether you provide the engine or not) I would pay pretty fairly. I just don't wanna get raped price wise to have a shop install an engine and I know quite a few of you have some experience swaping these lil engines out. Thanks in advance I'm real desperate now this thing can blow any day!

I have checked my oil levels that's not the issue although it does burn oil and I have to top it off sometimes. I switched from 5w-30 oil to 10w-40 (thanks to Supermodulation) as a bandaid to quiet the knocking which it did for a while but it's just getting worse.
I've got an 3.5l i5 with low compression on one piston, it had 65,000mi on it. I turbocharged this engine and that's why one of the pistons is bad, I've decided to do an engine swap. The engine is still in my truck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, I saw your post about needing an engine I have a 3.7 2012 Canyon engine with 54k ran great just wanted a 5.3! I'm installing a LH9. Engine has complete wiring harness unplugged at fuse block, no alternator and no ac compressor everything else is there. $3500.00 or best offer All original never been opened up. Let me know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry. but I don't know how to edit a post I put up. I didn't proof read the engine message, Engine price should have been $2500.00 or best offer. Any questions about the engine let me know. Happy Thanksgiving to All

1 - 8 of 8 Posts