Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my fuel door broke. The thin bit of metal holding the spring broke and it no longer shuts. My truck is a 2010 Colorado Z71 in Inferno Orange. So I figure trying to find a junkyard one to match is out of the question.

I can order a replacement but having it painted will not be cheap. I have thought about getting the GM chrome one. I have GM Myrewards points after my wife got a new Trailblazer. So the price out of pocket between the door in primer and the GM chrome one is not much. And I would not have to paint the chrome one.

So any comments or suggestions? Better yet, does anyone have pictures of the GM chrome one installed? All the pictures I found were close ups. I would like to see how it looks at a distance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked into the aftermarket and found nothing, unless you want to modify (drill hole for lock, no direct replacement) your fuel door yourself for a lock.

·
Internet Troll
1,305 Posts
On my '09 a buddy welded a steel pin in place of the weak spring link took him a few minutes and me a 6-pack of beer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The chrome one is a solid option, and looks sharp. OR you could source a junk yard one and paint it satin black. Or even wrap it I suppose. I dig the black/orange look. If your wheel flares are body color, go chrome. If they are black, go black.
My pair of pennies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, went ahead and ordered the chrome door from GM. With my points, it was $54 delivered. Still will try repair on the old door. BTW, my flares are body colored.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Well my fuel door broke. The thin bit of metal holding the spring broke and it no longer shuts. My truck is a 2010 Colorado Z71 in Inferno Orange. So I figure trying to find a junkyard one to match is out of the question.

I can order a replacement but having it painted will not be cheap. I have thought about getting the GM chrome one. I have GM Myrewards points after my wife got a new Trailblazer. So the price out of pocket between the door in primer and the GM chrome one is not much. And I would not have to paint the chrome one.

So any comments or suggestions? Better yet, does anyone have pictures of the GM chrome one installed? All the pictures I found were close ups. I would like to see how it looks at a distance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts