Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was gonna order a 3 -4 drop from street beat but i wanted to make sure it was a pretty easy set up to install first make sure there was no customizing needed get back to me asap

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
i was nervous about doing the Belltech balljoints on my truck, but i took everyones advice and followed the instructions very closely. i'm sure that if you just get a good look at what you're dealing with, you'll have no problem at all! PM me if you still want detailed instructions.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
i was nervous about doing the Belltech balljoints on my truck, but i took everyones advice and followed the instructions very closely. i'm sure that if you just get a good look at what you're dealing with, you'll have no problem at all! PM me if you still want detailed instructions.
me and u both on the nervous. i was like i got to cut what HAHA. the ball joints are really simple if u have some deep metric sockets and some metric wranchs grinder and a sawsall. u should be find. oh u will need a BIG metric socket i think 21mm. and a 21mm wranch perty simple took me like 13 hours. i couldent get the damn ball joint to separate from the spindle on the frist side i did.

the blocks are perty simple too. what kinda of truck do u have. if its a zq8 on some 20s with 255 35/20 tires ur going to rub like a mofo! and while ur droping the back be a plus to pull ur bump stops

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
yeah thats cool i would like to drop a lorado useing the lower C arms. just to see the diffrence is. i here that the lower C arms can bend easy.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
me and u both on the nervous. i was like i got to cut what HAHA. the ball joints are really simple if u have some deep metric sockets and some metric wranchs grinder and a sawsall. u should be find. oh u will need a BIG metric socket i think 21mm. and a 21mm wranch perty simple took me like 13 hours. i couldent get the damn ball joint to separate from the spindle on the frist side i did.

the blocks are perty simple too. what kinda of truck do u have. if its a zq8 on some 20s with 255 35/20 tires ur going to rub like a mofo! and while ur droping the back be a plus to pull ur bump stops
sawzall? F that; my grinder is a shit tone better than any sawzall. took me 2 hours on a lift. the only problem i had was getting the balljoints to keep from turning when i was torquing them back down. i had to get a vicegrip in between the top of the spindle and the balljoint shaft to get it to grab and not turn while i torqued them. what a PITA!

blocks are lame imo. i will never like them since i static dropped my dime on 4"ers. god damn, what a shitty ride!

i got a 4"-4" drop on 20's with 40 series tires and it only rubs on BIG dips/bumps. so i cant really complain.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
sawzall? F that; my grinder is a shit tone better than any sawzall. took me 2 hours on a lift. the only problem i had was getting the balljoints to keep from turning when i was torquing them back down. i had to get a vicegrip in between the top of the spindle and the balljoint shaft to get it to grab and not turn while i torqued them. what a PITA!

blocks are lame imo. i will never like them since i static dropped my dime on 4"ers. god damn, what a shitty ride!

i got a 4"-4" drop on 20's with 40 series tires and it only rubs on BIG dips/bumps. so i cant really complain.
ha ur lucky. for a lift and only rubbing on big dips and bumps. shit my back bottoms out every where. and my front rubs every where. LOL

i bet u had all air tools to haha!

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
ha ur lucky. for a lift and only rubbing on big dips and bumps. shit my back bottoms out every where. and my front rubs every where. LOL

i bet u had all air tools to haha!
duh on the air tools. i have to have a bad ass grinder, i dont have a plasma cutter yet and i 'bag trucks in the spring/summer time.

you need to get your shit aligned again then. tell them to adjust the camber/caster first, then the toe in/out. that's how mine was done and it's awesome.

oh yea, btw :hijacked:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
duh on the air tools. i have to have a bad ass grinder, i dont have a plasma cutter yet and i 'bag trucks in the spring/summer time.

you need to get your shit aligned again then. tell them to adjust the camber/caster first, then the toe in/out. that's how mine was done and it's awesome.

oh yea, btw :hijacked:
he just a newbie. just keeping the thread alive. LOL sorry.

but yeah ill prolly get it re aligned when it gets bagged in a few weeks- months

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
he just a newbie. just keeping the thread alive. LOL sorry.

but yeah ill prolly get it re aligned when it gets bagged in a few weeks- months
JUST BECAUSE HE IS A NEWB, DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO HIJACK HIS THREAD!!!!!

PM me.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
ehh i dident mean it like that

but yeah WHITE08RADO cant wait to see the progress pics of the drop.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
dude the arms are a pretty simple install...you will HAVE TO get it aligned though....blocks pretty straight forward...you might want to cut a little outtta your bump stops...

and I got a 3/3 on a ZQ8 with 245/35/20's nice bumps I rub other than that not to bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts