Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my driver's side bulbs w/T4 Neo Wedge Red bulbs and wanted to swap the rest, but they're different type (grey base/dual connection/size). These measure 10mm @ base & 12mm height. Need to know where I can get these bulbs in Red...any help is greatly appreciated.

Bulb-1.jpg
Bulb-2.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you got some time, might as well just buy some ebay leds and resistors and solder them in. They will be brighter and most likely cheaper.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you just pull off the blue plastic covering, or do these actually have blue glass?
Yes...it's a little blue cap and I'm thinking of just switching to a red cap as my search for new red bulbs (like the T4 NW ones) isn't panning out.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yes, the bulbs are glass and not intended to be removed from the plastic base.

GM does not look at these light as being serviceable, GM will tell you, you need to replace the whole switch.

I discussed this with @Supermodulation years ago. This is the same reason I taught myself to solder....... $10 worth of LEDs and resistor and your good to go

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah...looks like it's a rare bulb and I might 1BadI5's recommendation of McGrubering my own bulbs. Have one new T4 Neo Wedge/red and will attempy to swap bulb/sockets. If that works...might be easier. Will also consider the caps, but Supermod's eBay page no longer shows them. Guess it's time to ponder & decide best route - thanks all for the info & recommendations.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome...thks canada2005! Appreciate the app.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts