Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Luv them hoochies
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through some of the posts on here and I've found some superchargers and some misc pieces for decent prices but I don't know exactly what I need so if u guru's can break it down for me I would greatly appreciate it please no smart asses
I'm not trying to get all crazy I wanna stay stock as possible other than injectors and external fuel pump and intercooler I don't wanna do nothing major
Thanks in advace

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I don't wanna do nothing major..
adding a SC to your motor is pretty major. noone makes a kit, and everything you do you are going to have to build yourself.

it would be easier to do a turbo, but then again noone makes anything and youd have to do it all yourself.

but its still major, you can easily destroy your motor.

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
There are plenty of threads to tel you exactly what you need. Turbos are easiest to bolt on because they don't require precision pulley alignment.

Also if you twist someone's arm enough they will make you a manifold.

<----------

I'm in the middle of a m90 blower install on a customers colorado right now making it my second. And turbos are just easier to do.

·
Luv them hoochies
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand it's major
I guess I worded it wrong
Can I get away with out having to do major work internally
I just want something a little more than I have now I'm not looking for anything crazy like u Cory
I wanna see if I can run a small sc like from a cobalt ss on my stock motor
With the help of a Cory manufactured manifold and whatever else I might need

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
You wouldn't need a manifold if you did a sc. But the fabrication to mount the blower can be rigorous. I would advise against it. But if you like a challenge go for it.

Internally you don't need to do anything. Rock the stock

·
Luv them hoochies
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks Cory
So for a sc can I rock a jdm intercooler that u see the Hondas use and where would I put the man is there an extension I can use
And what size pulley can I use for a stock motor

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
You can use any intercooler. And it's anybody guess as to what pulley size will do what. The m62 is a little small

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
look fer an M90, there's plenty on E-Bay, measure a Supercharged Pont. GTP crank
pulley, 3800 and a 3.7 are close enough in size, maybe u can even adapt it to your setup.
you mite even be able to copy the software tables for boost. just an idea.
PS: somebody did mount one of these on a Colly already, just can't remember who
did it a while back.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You're a 2.8, right? Your stock fuel pump is fine. I'm running 14 lbs boost on my 2.9. It's totally stock except for injectors and tune.

Hasn't blow up yet...

·
Luv them hoochies
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea 2.8l
I wanted ur header but my wife was nagging about the price so I was looking at stuff on cl around here and found a few things real cheap but it still seems to complicated to me I have no clue about any of this

·
Registered
641 Posts
I can't remember what I was asking for the header. It's currently being used as decoration in my garage. You can have it for $250 shipped. It's not boost, but it's easy to install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts