Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am curious if anyone in the Tampa Bay Area can provide me assistance installing my DJM 3/4 kit. It is LCA's and 4" blocks.

I would generally do this by myself, although I am currently having some serious health issues from injuries incurred during my 6 year military service and have nerve damage in my neck/spine and recently lost strength in my right hand (2 months ago) so i am not very "able" to complete this comfortably. I have done all the work to my truck myself over the past 3 years, this is the firist time ive needed help. I am unable to turn a doorknob, start my car, or tie shoes with my right hand; my prominent hand.

I thought i would reach out to the nation to seek some friendly assistance if possible.

Please let me know if you can be of assistance. Thanks guys! I am getting really sick of staring at this lowering kit..............

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
We have some good people here that I am sure would be more than willing and able to help!

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
PM sent to FL10Canyon

Thanks Guys! Im so excited to have this done
Joe is a good guy! He will definitely get you sorted out right.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey sorry I haven't been on in a few days! Unfortunately in my case I have no tools to install my kit but am very able to! I was waiting to borrow a friends compressor and impact gun before I could do mine. @McGlamory

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey guys trying to get this going but the OP and I are running into a problem.

We have no immediate access to air tools/compressor, I think it's a bad idea to get into this especially with taking the tie rod out without an impact gun. Would a pickle fork help keep the tie rod end from spinning when trying to reinstall?

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
Hey guys trying to get this going but the OP and I are running into a problem.

We have no immediate access to air tools/compressor, I think it's a bad idea to get into this especially with taking the tie rod out without an impact gun. Would a pickle fork help keep the tie rod end from spinning when trying to reinstall?
I installed mine with hand tools in about 2+hrs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts