Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to bag my 2009 colorado but need help on my front clip. I was wondering if a 1996 s10 front clip will fit and will it work. Or if u guys have any thoughts how I can bag it thanks

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I know an S10 front clip has been used.....just can't remember if it was a 1st or 2nd gen

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Here is my Colorado with S10 front clip. Set up for a 24” wheel/tire combo, and ‘stock floor’ body drop. Rear axle is linked and has a ford 9” axle. If you have any questions just ask.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yeah. I just thought of "clips" as being the body not the chassis
Kevin, in normal terms for car guys that is correct. When I'm at the junkyard that's what they mean when that refer to a clip.

I would have said "front section of the frame" but that's only because I have spent time working in a junkyard and bodyshop in high school.

Clip - more specific is the front section of a unibody car or truck from the firewall forward

BUT I'm not going to bust the guys balls over it. Its a legit question and the answer is not that easy to find on here

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Bk2life hot damn, thats some niice work!
thanks, I appreciate it. Once im home from afghan I can get back on it..

So the only way I can bag my front is by buying the air bag strut or is there any way eles
there are plenty of other ways. And no the air-bag strut won’t work. google and the search function will be your friend on baggin the 355 front end.

Sounds like you may want to contact a shop and price out what you want done.
X2 on this, the coly front end isn’t a Nissan/mazda/yota it’s a bit more involved to bag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts