Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I just got off the phone with txcoloradoss and evrerything is wired up and ready to go. He opted for the push button start option on the CPWire harness that he got and the truck won't start. Better yet it won't crank. The issue is that in the instructions it doesn't say how to wire up the ignition button to the starter through the PCM. He has it wired up through a wire that was comming out of the PCM but when he turns the key forward the truck makes the usual beeps and dings but when he pushes the button to start it up it goes into the security mode. I think because he is not wiring the start button through the PCM and the truck thinks that someone if trying to "Hot Wire" it.

Any help is gratly appriciated and serios responses only please......as we are trying to bring this beast alive as we speak. Txcoloradoss dosen't have acess to the internet right now so PM me or post here and i will call him with your solutions!!!

:355:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Thanks la colorado but I logged in with my brother's labtop..
Anyways like colorado says my truck wont start due to the starter not enganing. I know the starter is good we got both power and ground to it like it's supossed to but I need help on wiring the engine start button from where to where or what? Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't know if there is a difference between your year model and my 08 but I had to bypass the bcm with a ignition wire to the pcm from the switch. cpwire had to modify my ignition switch and add an external wire. What program are you using the pcm?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't know if there is a difference between your year model and my 08 but I had to bypass the bcm with a ignition wire to the pcm from the switch. cpwire had to modify my ignition switch and add an external wire. What program are you using the pcm?
CPwire sells the modified ignition switch now. It's like $150 I think.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well that's the thing I didn't buy the modified ignition switch form them since jared told me I could run a push start button. If worst comes to worst ill just order that switch by tomm.

LS1blazer which are the wires that you bypassed that's what my tech and I are trying to figure out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts