Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a red 04 LS and i think my rod bearings are shot. I need any advice i can find as to pulling this joker out of the truck. I got a service manual and it only shows a few pics and brief instructions. I am not good with text book learning, i am a show me hands on kinda guy. If anyone has any info, youtube videos or helpful information, PLEASE let me know. I would be eternally grateful, thx guys, ****

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
honestly bro its not that bad.....unbolt from the tranny disconnect a/c lines power steering and main harness and yank that bad boy out with everything on it!

im sure there are things im forgetting like the rad. hoses and nick nack shit.....you should have it out in a few hours though

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
torch huh, lol
i got most of it ready, just gotta get the radiator off and undo the motor mounts
and pull that joker out! no one knows of any youtube videos or tutorials?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
im not sure i have never pulled a motor but hey welcome to the nation man. also ggod luck with pulling it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i learned the messy part when i started pullin hoses! thx for the info guys, i love my truck or i'd not be putting a effort in to putting it back on the road!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
best of luck man, oh and welcome. ask questions if you have em

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
:salute:
Welcome to the 355Nation!

Please take a minute to review the site rules, located at http://www.355nation.net/forum/new-...55nation-net-site-guidelines-regulations.html

Also, check out the New Members Handbook located at http://www.355nation.net/forum/new-member-introductions/6573-official-new-member-handbook.html. This will give you an idea as to what this site has to offer you as far as information goes for your Colorado/Canyon. It also will answer a few questions that are commonly asked on this site.

If you have more questions about utilizing the board, hit up Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum - FAQ: Board FAQ. If that doesn't answer the question, then hit up a moderator.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hey, #1 is safety! Be sure you are using a rated engine hoist chain for hauling the motor out, not some rusty non-specific chain you had lying around. Block the wheels, front & back of the wheels. Pull it out on the level-level ground, on asphalt or concrete. This may seem stupid to mention, but people do things that get them hurt-or worse.

People get killed doing it 'the wrong way.' Good luck.

If it won't come-out easily you forgot something, like a hard-to-reach bellhousing or tranny flange bolt. Don't forget the electrical connections.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@savannahcoly, Auburn in just h=northeast of Atlanta off hwy85.
@kettering, we have a 3 ton hoist from summit racing and a 1 ton
load leveler to keep the motor level during the process! thx everyone
for the advice. I'm new to all this, i work on computers not trucks, but
i am gonna learn with this event! You guys feel free to add me on FB
to watch my progress. I have pics so i can put together a tutorial for this
site when i'm done! Feel free to add me **** Phillips | Facebook
hope everyone has a good saturday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts