Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, need help and info. My 2005 Chevrolet Colorado 3.5 I5. It wont crank and doesnt have power. i had issues already with the passlock already but it used to crank i just let it sit for 10 mins and it would start right up. but know it does nothing. the secruity icon just stays solid lid.
what can it be? the ignition housing? checked all my fuses already. disconnected the battery, tried putting the key foward and back. and nothing. still wont crank.
trying to get the truck started to tune it and disable the passlock

let see if the vid works. this is what it does
2005 Chevy Colorado won't crank - YouTube

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Attempt to start the truck by turning the key to the Start/Run position. Try to crank the vehicle.

Observe that the vehicle fails to start and the security light is illuminated.

Release key to the ON/RUN position (not the ACC position or OFF)

Allow the vehicle to sit with key in the ON/RUN position for no less than 11 minutes. Security light will turn off after this.

When the light goes off, turn key to OFF position and allow the vehicle to remain in the OFF position for no less than 30 seconds.

Repeat #1-#5 for four cycles or until vehicle starts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Attempt to start the truck by turning the key to the Start/Run position. Try to crank the vehicle.

Observe that the vehicle fails to start and the security light is illuminated.

Release key to the ON/RUN position (not the ACC position or OFF)

Allow the vehicle to sit with key in the ON/RUN position for no less than 11 minutes. Security light will turn off after this.

When the light goes off, turn key to OFF position and allow the vehicle to remain in the OFF position for no less than 30 seconds.

Repeat #1-#5 for four cycles or until vehicle starts.
Im testing it right now. Hope it works

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the passlock icon doesnt turn off after 11 mins? Repeated the steps 5 times and still truck wont start

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You posted 48 minutes after the instructions were written.

How did you fulfill the 5 attempts in less than the hour it takes for 11 minutes x5 and 30 seconds by 5? haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I looked for info before posting my thread. The same info u send me is the same a read earlier. So been trying to do it since 9:30 or 10pm until now.
But I wait the 11 minutes and the icon doesnt turn off. Just stays solid.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Is nothing electrical working on the truck but that pass lock light? In the video none of the other warning lights in the dash came on .Recheck the Mega fuse for continuity and that the battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is nothing electrical working on the truck but that pass lock light? In the video none of the other warning lights in the dash came on .Recheck the Mega fuse for continuity and that the battery is fully charged.
Yeah just the security icon is lid. I turn it off then back on and the check engine n secruity turn on. Ill remove the mega fuse to see if it good and connect the battery charger.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all your help and opinions guys. found out the problem.
the day the truck didnt want to start and did the test that Rshadd suggested to do. i was add it for 2 and half hrs and nothing. the next morning I pass cables with my other truck and it turned on. so remove the battery when went to test it out. it was drained out. so bought a new one. also changed the terminals and mega fuse just in case. and the truck started quickly. what a relief it was the battery and nothing mayor

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
always check batt with a volt meter first when nothing works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts