Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm installing my new AVIC D3 tonight and need a little help. Where do I tap into to hook up the purple wire (for reverse)? Which wire on the truck triggers the reverse lights? Thanks in advance you guys.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
u should get the bypass. that way u can watch movies while ur driving..

but u want to connect that.. its on underneath the drive side door sill. i really don't remember if it was purple or not.. it was a while back i was looking for it until i just bypassed it by grounding it..

the avic D3 u gotta do something else with it to bypass it

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the bypass already. All I had to do for that was move the black/yellow (mute) wire to another pin which I did. But the purple wire is so the navigation system knows if you're going forward or backwards. It's supposed to be hooked up to the wire that gets "hot" when you put the truck in reverse.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
thats on the driver side door sill. its in that harness that good through there

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
nah sorry.. i think it was purple but really not sure.. i trace it from the steering column down..

sorry for not being a big help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's ok. I appreciate you trying. I'll just leave that one unhooked for now until someone else knows the color to connect it to.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
tomorrow morning i'll go and look at it.. right now i'm jut too lazy to do it. if no ones lets u know i'll try and find it the hard way with a meter

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much. I'm giving up for now anyway. Gotta get some sleep tonight. I'll start again tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an FYI for those who may want to know. I just got off the phone with Chevrolet and they told me that the reverse wire is light green.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's Done!!!!!!!!!

IT'S IN AND IT'S WORKING!!!! Thank you all so much for your knowledge and support. The only question I have is can you change the voice on the navi? I'd rather have a guy talking to me than a chick. My friends navi system has several voices to choose from. Does this one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts