Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Pontiac Grand Prix

Votes: 3 21.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i really want to change out my stock manual 60/40 bench. It makes my back hurt and slide all over when taking turns. My questions are as stated:
1) Do the cloth H3 seats actually seat higher then the stock seats. I have read people state they think they do. Im concerned with head room as i am not that tall 6'' but I have to bend down at times to see traffic lights at a stop. Does anyone have an actual measurement. I dont mind sitting on a book to test out the new height if i have a measurment to work from.
2) Do the Grand Prix seats actually sit lower or is that a myth.
3) What is powered on the cloth Grand Prix seats? Just forward and backward or is there other functions. As i would reuse my 355 tracks but i would like to still retain full functionality of them.
4) I can find Grand Prix seats for $200 and H3 for $275. It seems like the Grand Prix seats are much more complicated to install. Im concerned about strength of the seats compared with original with cutting brackets and moding tracks.
5) Did heated seats come on the cloth pontiac seats?

Any help would be appreciated as i want to many mods to my truck and they all seem to start with the seats. So i gotta figure this out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and another question. I read somewhere that the passenger seat can be folded all the way forward to make a work surface. And that the back of the seat kind of has a flat plastic tray on it. I think this would be a great function.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Hummer H3 seats are a direct bolt on install. I had the cloth ones in my 2008 and loved them. If you can find H3 leather seats, that's like the heavens of 355 seats.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
Oh and another question. I read somewhere that the passenger seat can be folded all the way forward to make a work surface. And that the back of the seat kind of has a flat plastic tray on it. I think this would be a great function.

Thanks again
My son loves this function....... He's still in a hybrid car seat, so when he rides with me, I fold the seat down and he can enjoy the traffic too

·
Registered
402 Posts
I presume you have seen this: http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-interior/42200-how-install-07-grand-prix-seats.html. Use your 355 slider brackets on the sheet metal seat pan. You'll need to grind off some rivet heads and punch them out to do a clean install w/the GP seats. Worth the sweat-equity.

The article above is v. helpful.

If $ is an issue, get some GP seats, if you can afford them, the H3's are worth the $, to me. I had both. Yes, the GP passenger seat back folds forward into a desk, table, or whatever.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I have read both the Hummer and Pontiac How To's as well as most other info on 355 about them. I think i may go with the H3 seats. Mainly because they are a straight bolt in. That way if i ever need to switch them back I can sell the H3's to a good home.

Can anyone give me an actual measurement on how much higher the H3's sit?:355group:

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts