Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna get new speakers cuz im just running the stock ones now and i think there kinda worn out. like two years ago i got the alpine cda 9853 headunit with the slide touch. im thinking of going with alpine again and gettin the Type R speakers but im not much of a sound guy. wat do you guys think?

·
Registered
358 Posts
i just put in the infinity ref6020's and they sound really good. i bought them with the tweeters so i have a custom setup with the tweeters too

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I have a pair of 3-way 6.5" Eclipse SE8365's and they sound awesome. I just need to amp them. They're wayyy underpowered ATM.

You really should go to a shop and start listening to speakers. Bring a familiar CD that you have and have them play it. Because somethings will sound amazing to you while to me they would sound like crap or vice versa.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Honestly bro.....just pick a speaker and throw it in there. It's nice to see what everyone else thinks and all, but that's just it, everyone has their own opinion on what's a good speaker and it's usually based on their favorite brand of choice. I bet you everyone on here will/is gonna tell you..."I have these and I love them" Not that people don't know what they're talking about or anything like that. I'll tell you I love my diamond audio 2 ways, doesn't help you much....

With so many speaker choices out there nowadays, it all boils down to you. Because when you ask a question with soooo many possible answers, it makes it hard to narrow your choices based on other peoples opinions, cause you're gonna get a ton of them. That's like asking people which rims should you buy........

And again, all this is just my $.02 I'm sure whatever you go with will sound awesome!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
i second running infinity reference components. they are incredible. i just bought the 6.5" for the doors and left the stock tweets and they sound really clean and clear. also look into a cheap amp to power whatever you get. it really does make a HUGE diff.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i have db 650's all around and i am thinking about putting the 6500 componet set up front and getting an amp to run them, im running off the stock headunit and i think they still sound pretty good, turned up all the way they crackle but im sure thats just the head unit, but boy o boy do they get loud!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
wait until you amp them goleee they will be sooo loud and still be clear and crisp. i cant stress how much of a diff it makes.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
damn dude its all what you wnat.

i.e.j i like all highs is i went with infinity. for basss go with sony or pioneer. your best bet is to go into best buy or curiut city and see what they sound like for yourself.

keep in mind EVERY speaker sounds differant

like josue said its all on what you want

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
damn dude its all what you wnat.

i.e.j i like all highs is i went with infinity. for basss go with sony or pioneer. your best bet is to go into best buy or curiut city and see what they sound like for yourself.

like josue said its all on what you want
Oh man, now you're giving drunken audio advice? :kiki:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think you should listen to someone elses speakers and decide for your self, I was running the Memphis M3 series for components and they were TITS

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with LOKi - try to listen to someone else's installed speakers. I hate trying to listen to speakers at BB or CC - you never really can hear anything there.

X

·
0 Posts
i have memphis m3 series too. they sound crystal clear. really loud too. but i agree with Fender Man and LOKi. listen to it before u buy it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts