1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone I'm new to the site here is what i have
2005 gmc canyon Z85 4x4 with a 3inch body lift and a 3 inch truxx lift also
i still have the factory wheels with 31X10.5X15's tires
I'm looking to buy a set of pro comp series 5183 wheels 17 inch i need to know what offset and backspacing to order i have the slim fender flares and would like for the tires to stick out just a tad please help

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Depends on the tire size

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Offset and backspace are one in the same. Rubbing depends on what tire size you choose.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i don't know what size tire i am going to run i don't know what will fit until i get the rims order i guess

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
265 70R17 should fit.

285 70R17 may fit with some cutting/trimming

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Stock tires on your Z85 aren't 31x10.5 by the way.

Keep in mind if you move up to a 265/70-17 you're going to significantly reduce power and make the speedometer pretty inaccurate.

I have the equivalent tire size, just in a 16", so I speak from direct experience. The speedometer will be off about 10%. My average MPG is low 15's peaking at 20 if all highway miles.

I have not looked at the wheel you are interested in, but if you can get it in an 8" wide option, the 4.75" to 5" range backspace will be about right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know those are not stock sizes i installed them when i put the body lift on it i don't care about mpg and i know my spedo will be off its already off

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
i know those are not stock sizes i installed them when i put the body lift on it i don't care about mpg and i know my spedo will be off its already off
Sorry. I misread your original post. I read the factory wheels and thought you meant it had 31's factory as well.

Seems like you know what to expect, at least there won't be any surprises.
Let us know what you decide on.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Have any pics with them mounted up? Would love to see how it looks now!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
here is a few pics thank you guys for all your help they fit just like i wanted them to thanks

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts