Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah I was going to haggle with them to throw those in for free haha. I want the entire console, and the steering wheel too, mines all roughed up at 12o'clock.

Another couple questions (sorry for all the questions), how fast can you go with the rear locked up without hurting anything? And at what speeds can you safely engage/disengage?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This one would work too. The seats are badass, though they would look stupid in my yellow truck haha

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Another couple questions (sorry for all the questions), how fast can you go with the rear locked up without hurting anything? And at what speeds can you safely engage/disengage?
You can go as fast as you want with the rear locked.

As long as your not experiencing wheels spin you should be able to lock it up at any speed. I've inadvertently locked my rear on the interstate and didn't notice it until I got off an exit ramp and turned to get fuel.

I recommend that a person be traveling slow though. If your not familiar with lockers you need to experience how they change the vehicle's handling. Lockers are "low side finders". Once you try them in the mud or snow on a hill you'll know what I mean.

I very rarely use my lockers on dry ground. They have more to do with articulation (or lack ther of) than gaining traction in mud/snow. It all kinda depends on the individual scenario but you just know when to use them after you off road a lot.

Sometimes lockers will screw you off road. Those instances are kinda rare but occasionally you want them unlocked so one tire holds you from sliding downhill on a side slope. Those scenarios is where I hate the G80.

Anyway, back on topic. My truck and my Jeep both have the ability to lock both the front and rear lockers at any speed in any range if necessary.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
May have just solved one of my problems....I'm pretty certain I can make Avalanche 1500 4x4 spindles work with an H3 setup. Hubs and rotors are near enough to identical. So I'd have to modify the upper ball joint mount on the Avalanche spindles (bore it out) to accept the bigger H3 upper ball joint. Otherwise the lower ball joint and tie rod mounts are the same, hub mount pattern the same. I'd use the H3 hubs and rotors, but with bigger Avalanche calipers.........I really think I'm onto something here. If this all works as planned, I can pick up all sorts of different lift spindles for an Avalanche, I'd probably go with the available Skyjacker 3.5", as all my other lift components are Skyjacker 4". I'm pretty certain it will work, so long as I can either modify the upper ball joint mount on the Avalanche spindles, or get custom UCAs with the proper size Avalanche ball joint to work....

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
May have just solved one of my problems....I'm pretty certain I can make Avalanche 1500 4x4 spindles work with an H3 setup. Hubs and rotors are near enough to identical. So I'd have to modify the upper ball joint mount on the Avalanche spindles (bore it out) to accept the bigger H3 upper ball joint. Otherwise the lower ball joint and tie rod mounts are the same, hub mount pattern the same. I'd use the H3 hubs and rotors, but with bigger Avalanche calipers.........I really think I'm onto something here. If this all works as planned, I can pick up all sorts of different lift spindles for an Avalanche, I'd probably go with the available Skyjacker 3.5", as all my other lift components are Skyjacker 4". I'm pretty certain it will work, so long as I can either modify the upper ball joint mount on the Avalanche spindles, or get custom UCAs with the proper size Avalanche ball joint to work....
Really good information you’ve found.

I’m in for updates

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Avalanche 1500

Includes Sensor; Tapered Bearing
The Timken SENSOR-PAC bearing is a bolt on wheel bearing package featuring an integral sensing system design to improve performance for anti-lock brake and traction control systems.

Design Attributes
  • Features an active sensor capable of sensing down to zero speed. Sensor’s speed information can be used for vehicle dynamics control systems, speed control, speedometer, odometer, trip computer and other purposes.
  • Internally-mounted sensor protects against the elements, which ultimately reduces warranty costs. SENSOR-PAC also utilizes very small sensor-to-target wheel gaps, enabling a much smaller and more cost- effective sensor.
  • Includes an internally-mounted sensor that protects against debris, corrosion, thermal shock, and other hazards that threaten externally-mounted sensors.
  • Designed for superior performance in a minimal space. Timken engineers have packaged the sensor within the bearing without increasing overall dimensions to promote high performance and equal load carrying capacity in a minimum space.
Bolt Circle Diameter5.5 in.
Flange Diameter7.035 in.
Flange Offset1.976 in.
Flange ShapeModified
TIMKEN Warranty Information
12 months

now the H3

Includes Sensor; Tapered Bearing; 6 Stud Hub
The Timken SENSOR-PAC bearing is a bolt on wheel bearing package featuring an integral sensing system design to improve performance for anti-lock brake and traction control systems.

Design Attributes
  • Features an active sensor capable of sensing down to zero speed. Sensor’s speed information can be used for vehicle dynamics control systems, speed control, speedometer, odometer, trip computer and other purposes.
  • Internally-mounted sensor protects against the elements, which ultimately reduces warranty costs. SENSOR-PAC also utilizes very small sensor-to-target wheel gaps, enabling a much smaller and more cost- effective sensor.
  • Includes an internally-mounted sensor that protects against debris, corrosion, thermal shock, and other hazards that threaten externally-mounted sensors.
  • Designed for superior performance in a minimal space. Timken engineers have packaged the sensor within the bearing without increasing overall dimensions to promote high performance and equal load carrying capacity in a minimum space.
Bolt Circle Diameter5.5 in.
Flange Diameter7.059 in.
Flange Offset1.976 in.
Flange ShapeModified
Wheel Pilot Diameter77.81mm
TIMKEN Warranty Information
12 months

Honestly, that's pretty close.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Flange diameter is a hair different, but so close that it my make no matter

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If I can make this work, I'll definitely have to let the Hummer forums know! They've been screwed for lift spindle options for a long while now

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Well I've found a scrap yard with many H3 parts for sale. I was quoted $1500cad for an entire front and rear end. I was going to go with 4.56 gears (from the H3 with i5). Is it worth trying to find one with e-lockers? Also, the newer H3s came with a cast iron ront diff...I'm guessing that would be even better.
Also wondering how the e-brake would work (I have a 5 speed standard)
Hello where is this scrapyard full of h3’s locates? I have no luck here in SoCal finding h3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's a 99-06 GM 1500 part. Very common. Look up BDS 191H.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I found them yes. The kit comes in a few separate boxes. The knuckles are in a single box.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I ordered upper tubular control arms for a H3, from Michigan Metal Works. They make them regularly. But I got them to fit em with a Chevy 1500 style ball joint

21 - 40 of 76 Posts