Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Yep they do. Yes that's the correct part number for the box of knuckles.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
The knuckles are about 7/8" taller from top of lower ball joint mount, to top of upper ball joint mount, than the 4" skyjacker canyon knuckles I had with my old kit. Shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
If I cant get camber adjusted right, I'll shorten the upper arms a bit, worst case scenario

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I cant get camber adjusted right, I'll shorten the upper arms a bit, worst case scenario
Yea that heim setup could help with that for sure. I'm concerned if the knuckle/hub has the same or similar offset from the lower ball joint as the h3 parts. So that the axle length will be good.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
The hubs are identical, besides wheel bore and wheel stud size. I'm quite certain the cv shafts will be correct length. I compared the new knuckles to my old skyjacker knuckles. Worst case scenario, lengthen or shorten the cv shafts.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yeah if it came to that, I'd just get some made up at a machine shop. I'm not too worried about wheel stud size. I just may press out the rear studs and drill em out for m14s as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you think we will gain more travel out of the front end with this swap? Im hoping the increased CA length softens the spring rate a bit. As it is my front end feels very stiff and the vast majority of articulation happens in the rear. Let us know how the MMW arms mount up. What size tires are you planning on running with this setup?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nope, I have all the parts except for the upper arms and the bds knuckles are on order. I'm debating going with mmw or welding up my own. Ill probably do it over the winter as I don't want mytruck out of commission right now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well I dont have rotors either, but I have the h3 iron front diff and lower arms. ordered the bds knuckles, Moog Avi hubs that i think have 12mm studs, and h3 outer Tie rod ends that im hoping fit the knuckles.
Ill probably have to get some flares after this too ha.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
What about rear end? And guts for the iron diff? Will need front brake calipers and brackets too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think Im going to get a used h3 rear end. They have come down in price. Are you running one? I have a v8 rear end now but I dont think its as wide.

Ill probably rob the gears from my front end and put them on an arb for the front.

Yea calipers and brackets should be readily available. Do you know if the banjo fitting we have will work? and if the extended lines from our lift kits will be long enough?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts