Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Need new frame, HELP!!

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  OneT's53 
#1 ·
Just bought one of my dream trucks but it's been wrecked and I'd like to replace the frame but I can't find one. My truck is a 2012 4x4 crew cab Z71 with the 5.3 V8. I found one listed on car-part.com but it turned out to be for an extended cab, not crew cab. Anybody got any ideas?? Thanks for any help I can get.

#2 ·
Try LKQ and other parts recyclers . Other people in your place have found frames but only after searching for a time . The best option may be to have your frame restored since finding a used one will certainly require renovation before it can be used .

#3 ·
I had my old S10 frame pulled straight by a shop before. That would be my first resort if I were in your shoes. Next I would look for a beater 4 door with a blown motor or wrecked body and part it out till you're down to the frame. You'll likely make money going the second route but it requires more garage space and time/effort. The 5.3's are great trucks, I hope you get it figured out!

#6 ·
My 08 was in a wreck and the frame needed to be squared up. My son swears the truck tracks straighter and handles better now than before the crash. Granted, that is likely due to a better alignment or something similar. Moral is a pro who knows what hes doing will give you results you can have faith in. Just remember to redo your undercoating after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.