Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what else I should get painted when I take My truck to the paint shop (I was going to get a different paint job but think I'm going to stick with white. So far I have the mirrors, Handles, Cowl hood, and z71 flares that im going to have painted white. I want to know what you guys think about painting the bumpers and chrome accents. (just wondering if you think it would look OK with my brushguard)

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't want to paint the brushgurad.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL should I leave the chrome accents on the bumper? And on the back bumper should I have it all painted white. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
My personal opinion is I really dig your chrome theme going on! If it were me, I'd leave all the chrome and just have the Mirrors painted black. White would look ok, but black would give it a nice contrast and blend in with the rest of the black/dark pieces on the truck.

That's just me though.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
keep chrome. paint all black stuff white. including black bumper valance...

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
probably not, but you could try on here to sell them as a set and make some back. might want to just leave them. they will help pull your bumpers, bull bar and wheels together.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
keep chrome. paint all black stuff white. including black bumper valance...
X2 I like the chrome accents on the truck..

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I'm thinking I'll leave the stock chrome accents paint the bumpers, mirrors, flares, and the handles. (if I dont like the handles painted I'll just put the covers back on) Do you guys think I should get any of the interior pieces painted?
I'm good friends with the guy I'm takeing it to so it wont cost me that much to get the stuff painted.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
meh...i would hold off on that dude....it would mean some serious work ripping out dash and the like to paint stuff...

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
meh...i would hold off on that dude....it would mean some serious work ripping out dash and the like to paint stuff...
not to do the vents, dash bezel, handle buckets and stereo bezel. easy removal.

·
Registered
155 Posts
With the chrome wheels, I think you should leave all the chrome as you have it now, and paint all the black plastic white, along with white flares.

edit: Or just x3, I didn't read all the posts first. I've got pictures of the interior trim I painted white in my profile.

X

·
0 Posts
too much chrome looks bad.. i would ditch the chrome besides the bumpers and color match with some ss mirrors. jmo :shrug:

R

·
0 Posts
id paint the mirrors, handles black. white on the flairs. def dump the chrome overlays on your handles along with the taillight brushguards on the rear

the interior pieces look good black. do em yourself

here are the color matched flairs (factory on mine) also note the chrome on the bumpers... im happy with the not so common look i have got with the mods ive done to my truck

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the black interior pieces. Do happen to know the paint code

1 - 20 of 73 Posts