Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a click away from finally buying 15x8 Cragar Soft 8 rims with 4" backspace for my 2005 Colorado Z71 4x4 with a 2.5" tb crank/shackle lift sitting on 31x10.50 bfg long trail's. Yes I have searched the threads and found the others but there are several different backspaces and trim packages (z71,z85, etc..) in the pictures with and without fender flares. I'm strictly wanting some pics of the tire poke and rims on a z71 truck with a similar lift/tire size combo that has the z71 fender flares :) Just need a little extra push into buying these haha

:bestest:

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
4" backspace will protrude beyond Z71 flares.

Here is your push. Buy them if you want them.

If you are still on the fence (and I can't help but notice there are no pics in here), spend time looking through the wheels thread. Read the description of 8" wide wheels and 4" backspace.

You might like the appearance a little better with a backspace closer to 4.5". It pulls it in. The tires you have aren't overly aggressive looking and have a lot of tire stick out with a less aggressive tread may look a little bit out of place. I'm sure it will be fine, but my personal liking would be closer to 4.5", keeping it closer to a flush look with the flares. Remember, the body of the truck is more narrow and the tire will look protruded beyond the body near the doors.

·
Registered
125 Posts
just got 16x8s with 4in bs, no flares but i love the look…do agree its harder to keep clean lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4" backspace will protrude beyond Z71 flares.

Here is your push. Buy them if you want them.

If you are still on the fence (and I can't help but notice there are no pics in here), spend time looking through the wheels thread. Read the description of 8" wide wheels and 4" backspace.

You might like the appearance a little better with a backspace closer to 4.5". It pulls it in. The tires you have aren't overly aggressive looking and have a lot of tire stick out with a less aggressive tread may look a little bit out of place. I'm sure it will be fine, but my personal liking would be closer to 4.5", keeping it closer to a flush look with the flares. Remember, the body of the truck is more narrow and the tire will look protruded beyond the body near the doors.

I want the tire poke. I plan on running 9" or so of lift in the future and 15x10 cragars later on haha so I guess you could say I like the tire poke

·
Registered
435 Posts
Its your truck man. Do what u want. I like the wide stance also. I have 15x10 w/ 3.5 backspace an they really still out. But I will say with a 10 inch rim the 33/12.50 tend to look a little balloon like. My next set or rims will b 15x 8 w/ 3.5 or4 backspace

·
Registered
220 Posts
just got 16x8s with 4in bs, no flares but i love the look…do agree its harder to keep clean lol
Let's see a pic. I want to put Cragar D window, or V5's on my 11 2WD with no flares, but I'm not sure what backspace would be best. Thinking 16 x 7 with a 4" BS/0 OS on the V5's or 16 x 8 with a 5" BS/+13 OS for the D's. Probably run 235 60 or 65 16 tires.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I want the tire poke. I plan on running 9" or so of lift in the future and 15x10 cragars later on haha so I guess you could say I like the tire poke
It's harder on the hubs too. 4" will be okay. But more protrusion the harder it is on the hubs. On a squatty truck, tires that sit out a lot don't look proportional (in my opinion). By squatty I mean minimal lift and maximum tire.

I'd worry about the 9" future lift, in the future. This thread is not for a future 9" lift.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its your truck man. Do what u want. I like the wide stance also. I have 15x10 w/ 3.5 backspace an they really still out. But I will say with a 10 inch rim the 33/12.50 tend to look a little balloon like. My next set or rims will b 15x 8 w/ 3.5 or4 backspace
I figure I'm going to buy the 15x8 cragars first cause I can run them now and when I get bigger tires/lift. Then after my lifts I'll decide if I want the 15x10 cragars cause I freakin love a wide stance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2005 Colorado z85 ls 2wd and I want to get cragar soft 8 wheels wheels specs are 15x7 3.75 backspacing and -6 offset and 31x10.5 will be going in them I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me if they wil fit

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts
Not sure if he's cranked, but it sorta looks like it. :shrug:
Tiny crank to level, thanks to saggy leaf packs. 22" center of hub to fender, which is stock from 2009+, but 1" crank for 2004-2008.

I should have pics with and without flares on my thread, after the bedliner went on. Stock z71 was 265/75r15 and I put 31x10.5r15's on, less than 1/4" difference each way.

Skip the 10" rim later, narrower is better for holding a bead at low pressure when crawling.

Half my lift stuff is in the garage now, waiting on some final decisions and $$ before putting it on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts