Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Don't like Crowds!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I'll expand on that a little. I am hoping somebody has some SuperSkidz they don't need or maybe somebody knows of other options. Lots a nast rocks here in the desert.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Sorry to hear that. For $1,800 you could have got a Rancho kit first, and drove right over that rock.

What did you damage? Front differential / axle?

Super Skidz are the only ones available to buy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
$1800, wth did you do? And if it was the front diff...rancho kit would not have helped at all.
The kit has a skid plate to protect the front diff, and he could have been rolling on 33s.

Better fortune and a different driving choice could have saved it too, but when you go off road, sometimes **** happens.

bman11 cracked his front axle tube with the SuperSkidz installed too. With the provided brackets, and a diff drop, a little bend / deflection of the plate, and you are toast then too.

·
Don't like Crowds!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I was scouting an area for hunting and was exploring an area I ha never been before. The going got rougher than I could have anticipated and I was crawling over rocks for hours. To make a long story short, I came to an area where there was a stretch of a couple hundred yards of flat soft sand road. I got excited and let me speed rocket up to 15mph. Just then I saw a water rut going across the road. It was too late to slow to a crawl and when my tires went down into the ditch and my suspension sunk in, I heard and felt a solid hit to the differential.
You are right about the lift kit. I was planing on a 4" lift and Skidz a year ago, but decided to save the money. UGHHHHH!!!!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Mine saved my crossmember from taking a nasty hit this weekend.......damn manhole covers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts