Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here it goes i traded for this truck over the summer. I drove it around for about two thousand miles and the only problem i had was one of the shock tabs broke and the air system had a leak in it. I put it up for the winter and just now started to work on it and i need some assistance to figure out how I'm going to fix/redo the rear setup. Here is what I'm working with.

The shocks are binding a little here and rubbing the bars

I'd like to put the tank and all the air ride components back here

The forward link bars under the frame

This is the driver's side Here is where it gets weird the frame doesn't look square to the wheels but when i was driving it i didn't notice any real problems with it.

This is the passenger side looks off as well

I'm wondering if this is normal and it's the driver's side

Passenger's side

·
Professional Shit Stirrer
2,736 Posts
Start by redoing the upper shock mounts with thicker and larger steel plate (you want more steel over lapping the frame which creates more inches of welding.) Might look into reinforcing the rear mount on the lift bars?

Other than that, I have no advice to offer. If you've really got an itch, maybe look into an accuair setup and some nice shocks.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on redoing the shocks to have tabs on both sides because one of tabs split and punched a Hoke in my brand new drive way at the time.

Fox23 I checked from the front of the notch to the back of the frame and it is only 3/16 difference. My main concern was the upper link bars if it was Ok to have them mounted on the hoop like that or if I should move the battery and all that and put a 3 link up top. I was also thinking about getting rid of the bags in the back and doing a axle mounted rear setup if I do a 3 link. The control arms are stock in the front and the guy drove with it low all the time cause the wear but yes they were rotated front to back.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I don't feel like there's any problem with it, I don't see where it's catching on anything. That's similar to how I want my wishbone but in one solid piece.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts