Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a question about rims and tires..i recently purchased the 3" keys and 3" shackles and a 1.5 to 2.5 add a leaf for my 2005 colorado...now i need wheels and tires...so here it is. Will these tires fit on this rim and will it work with my lift...will it fit on my Colorado about rubbing issues or stuff like that...Im a Total noob.

TIRE SIZE
4 New Wild Country MTX Mud Terrain Tires M T 32x11 5 15 32x11 50x15 32115015 | eBay

RIMS
New 15 15x8 Tuff T 01 6x139 7 24mm Black Red Wheels Rims | eBay

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Yes, the tires will fit the rims. You shouldn't have rubbing issues from the tire size. The backspace on this rims is really low, though, so you may rub the body mount or sway bar. I'd look for something with 4-5" of backspace.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The wheel spec you listed is going to stick out a lot. Probably over an inch beyond Z71 flares. Way more if you have a Z85.

Your front lift is going to be limited, and with that backspace and the big tire I'd be leery of hitting the bumper when the wheels swing during steering.

When you lift the front, it is most advised to keep the measurement from center of hub to fender lip around 24". Too much more and troubles begin with premature wear of parts, a really rough ride and more difficulty getting it to properly align.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Find a wheel you like with a 4.5 inch to 5 inch backspace. You still may rub at full compression in a turn. Minor trimming will cure that though. A -12mm to -18mm offset is equal to the backspace that would be best.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Yes I do think they would work. Similar wheel to mine, with a better backspace. They should work fine. You still may have to trim a little, but it will be very minimal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts