Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
.:: MR. September ::.
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that I am gonna get some HID's. I am thinking about the Pilot 8000k. I am gonna just do the low beams for now. What I want to know is if there is anything else I need to get besides the Pilot kit. I read on here that I might need a relay, if so just a standard Vatozone relay or what? Basicly I wwant to know what I am gonna need besides the kit if anything at all.

·
Registered
845 Posts
i have an 06 w/ a pilot 6000k lows and 3000k fogs and i dont have any relays. all that happened was that the fuse for the DRL blew, but i was going to take it out eventually so it work out fine. everything is fine w/ my lights. no probs at all dude. oh when you go to install, and connect the plugs invert the plugs from the ballast to the HID bulb plug. for some reason the way their suppose to go doesnt work. you have to force it the other way. if i dont explain myself good let me know ill have my boy who installed them explain it to you.

edit: both DRL and fog light fuse blew. so i replace the fog lamp fuse which is a 15 to a 25 and its working fine. DRL i really dont need. i just turn on my parking lamps w/ the HID fogs during the day. looks nicer to me :D. so i recommend you change the fuse from 15 to 25 or 30 ;).

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Prolly gonna need the relay for it. I've got an 04 so I dunno which or how many you'll need.

Give the thread til tomorrow i'm sure you'll get plenty of info on HID's :lol:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
depends on if its the early or late 06... is your DRL's your lowbeams? if so.. u need a relay OR need to just pull the DRL fuse.

if its an early 06.. just install

·
Registered
845 Posts
depends on if its the early or late 06... is your DRL's your lowbeams? if so.. u need a relay OR need to just pull the DRL fuse.

if its an early 06.. just install
it blew itself b4 i took it off :lol:. that sounds right to me.

did anyone have to invert the connections?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I needed the relay with the Pilot kit...wouldn't light up without it. I have a 2004....but the wiring throughout my truck has been funky every since I bought it...so its probably just my truck..haha

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have an 05 and I just pulled mine up, twisted in the new bulbs and they have worked fantastic ever since.

MTec 6000K. Although when these burn out im getting a set of 8000K MTecs. They look so much better!

·
.:: MR. September ::.
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I think I have decided to go with Prolumen 6000K. My roomate has them in his Dodge Ram and they look awesome. they cost a little more than the pilot's but he has had them for 3 years and has not had a single problem out of them. plus they have a 2 year warranty. probably be getting them in a couple weeks, i will post up some pics when installed.

·
Registered
845 Posts
well I think I have decided to go with Prolumen 6000K. My roomate has them in his Dodge Ram and they look awesome. they cost a little more than the pilot's but he has had them for 3 years and has not had a single problem out of them. plus they have a 2 year warranty. probably be getting them in a couple weeks, i will post up some pics when installed.
for sure. keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts