Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having this strange sound almost like a rubbing sound. Its really noticeable at slower speeds when I am turning. You can sometimes hear it when going over a small bump in the road. It doesn't do it when I turn the wheel while stopped. Its only when moving. I've been to the dealer 2 times now and so far they have replaced the swaybar end links and a lower control arm. I kept telling them I thought it was in the steering or the body mounts. oh and it doesn't seem to do it as bad or at all when its raining out. Strange. I am hoping some one hear has had the same problem before and knows exactly what it is. Thanks you guys.

Chevy Colorado steering noises - YouTube

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Impossible to tell. Sounds like your keys banging the column to me.
There is no relativity to the sound vs. condition, like what is actually happening where that little click sound is noticd. Can't tell when you steer, when you get a bump, when in the steering position it occurs.

It's s cell phone with a weak mic, as with most any camera. The sounds are not properly recorded. It sounds like a weak click to me...maybe it sounds like a clunk in real life.
Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's heard throughout the entire video almost. It's the low pitched sound. It's in sync to when I'm turning the wheel. Sorry about the video quality. Yes it was my cell.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

G

·
0 Posts
Hello cfrench99,

As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns please contact me viz private message.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I will take a look at that. Also Read that I might try spraying some silicone on the body mounts and see if that helps. If I can fix it ill reply with what did it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks I will take a look at that. Also Read that I might try spraying some silicone on the body mounts and see if that helps. If I can fix it ill reply with what did it.
I have the EXACT same noise! It sounds identical to my truck. It drives me insane and I have done countless searches on this. PLEASE someone help us out on this. Mine is a 2012 canyon ext cab btw.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The best ways I can describe it is.. Not metal to metal sound, not a loose part sound, but a crunch or creek or shit I don't know it is very distinct to me in the video you posted haha

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: sound was related to the cold weather / dry air. Hence why the sound was not heard in rainy conditions. Still believe it could be the 2 front body mounts

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts