Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've decided that out of my tax refund which will be here next week I will allot $500 for the truck. Right now I'm looking at a beautiful silver 05 crew cab Canyon.

So how should this money be spent? I was thinking a balance of performance and looks.

CAI for starters maybe?

Are there any basic things that people usually do right away?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Intake and exhaust,Intake and tune or put some sounds in it,that amount won't go far for rims and tires,but theres alot you can do with it.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Intake and exhaust. I would wait on the tune till you know what else you want to get for it like wheels and tires. That way you can get it tuned for your speedo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love to do exaust, but here in the UK I'm not sure that $500 would get me very far. It would have to be a bolt up cat back kit that I could install myself. I have full access to lifts and tools, but can't weld.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I'd love to do exaust, but here in the UK I'm not sure that $500 would get me very far. It would have to be a bolt up cat back kit that I could install myself. I have full access to lifts and tools, but can't weld.
The bolt on kits don't need to be welded,it's nice but not a must

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also think that the truck sits too low. What are my options there short of a full suspension overhaul?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
can you guys suggest kits for the intake and exhaust?
Theres a couple different ones. you might want to find some sound clips to see which one you like best.

Heres a magnaflow for under $500 eBay Motors: MAGNAFLOW 15844 EXHAUST 04-07 CHEVROLET COLORADO SC/SB (item 110217477094 end time Jan-29-08 15:37:33 PST)

Or you could just get a muffler for about $130 installed. The exhaust really does not do that much for performance just sound.

and for the intake I also have a AEM Bruteforce.

R

·
0 Posts
AEM intake and exhaust...sounds like a repeat of above but wanting to start with mild performance mods, these 2 would be the best starting point. and afterwards a tune.

·
Registered
36 Posts
get a volant cai intake system. its the only true cold air / ram air intake system on the market for our trucks and it is well priced. about the same as the aem. i am sponsored by volant and love thier kit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts