Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roughly this time next year I am going to be turning my truck over for a custom paint job. Here are three pics of the general idea, then I will dive further into the design...

Side...

Rear...

or

I am leaning more towards the first shot that I did of the rear. Now for the rest of the plans.

For the side, I want the red to start off as a solid crimson type color (a darker red if you will) and as it moves back the truck I want a reverse fade of some skulls laying around. The artist described it as a "death field" where they aren't everywhere, but just rather speratic (sp?). I don't want any other colors in the red except black. Another way to describe it would be if I had a red piece of paper and just sketched some skulls on there. I don't want it where the skulls are EVERYWHERE in there once it is faded, just scattered around. For the colors on the other side, I have thought about a dark blue, gunmetal silver, and of course black. I am trying to stay away from a color that will show swirls as bas as what I have does, but that could be attributed to the dealer never doing a correct buff on it before I bought it:roll: The black (if I go black on the outsides) would look like it is overlapping the red with either a drop shadow or bevel or something to give the affect that the red stripe is a lot deeper, or cut into the black if you will.

For the rear, I am leaning more towards the first chop with the two stripes crossing. I will probably carry the skulls on over to the rear, but somewhere, possibly near the crossing point of the two stripes, I am going to have my wife's eyes and part of her face/hair airbrushed in. That part I am keeping secret from her until she sees it haha.

Anyway, my dilemna that I am running into is whether or not I really want skulls. You see them everywhere. Granted, they never go out of style and are just wicked to look at, but I kinda want to be different yet keep that bad ass, mean looking paint job. Do you guys have any suggestions? If you have some pics of some good ideas, post them up. Also, this isn't going to be a simple two tone type paint. That style looks great on our trucks, but 1. the wifey doesn't really like it, 2. I want something that would stand out if I were to put it in a show, and 3. I am pretty artistic myself and am kinda tired of having a rather plain vehicle haha.

Help me out guys, give me some ideas as far as what colors I should use (nothing crazy like candy purple with some neon green and orange tribal design) as well as whether or not you think that type of a paint job sits pretty on the truck.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Bro I think what you've explained so far looks hot as hell!!!

Something to maybe ponder; what about body parts along with the skulls???

I know what you're saying about the skulls being played out but I've got a friend that had his bike painted with various body parts along with the skulls and it looked hot as hell. I mean a rib cage here, a heart there, hands there etc. The paint job he had kept you looking at it forever. And it seemed that every time you looked at it you would see something else. Everything was just kind of ghosted in. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bro I think what you've explained so far looks hot as hell!!!

Something to maybe ponder; what about body parts along with the skulls???

I know what you're saying about the skulls being played out but I've got a friend that had his bike painted with various body parts along with the skulls and it looked hot as hell. I mean a rib cage here, a heart there, hands there etc. The paint job he had kept you looking at it forever. And it seemed that every time you looked at it you would see something else. Everything was just kind of ghosted in. Just a thought.
Yeah, I thought about that, but then again, I am putting my girl on the back there, or at least part of her face. I don't really think she would like sitting among a lot of body parts, but hey, I will have to see it. Would it be possible to get a pic of that bike man? Just curious and thanks bro...

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'll see what I can do.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts

the wifey doesn't really like it,
i like this photo better

the first one looks too girlish IMO:shrug:

not to sound sexest but honestly women dont know what looks best on a truck so IMO their opinion is obsolete

for example if my woman had say so my truck would have pink flowers down the side of it:econo:

skulls are the shit on black trucks

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
i say jsut some wild ghost flames but thats what i think all black trucks should do lol. a more simplistic 2tone that comes down into a tasteful pinstriping on the tailgate would also be sick. eh...gl!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am not a skull person. Have never been fond of them at all. You see them everywhere!! I say leave the skulls off the truck. I like the first pic of the rear too. That really looks tight.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
flatman said:
Looks badass, man. Def go with the first option. I like your idea about your girl's eyes...that rocks!
I always see women in the paint of some sick show trucks, but I never see THOSE women walking around or anything. I want a woman on the truck because, well, I think it's hot if done right and I know that my girl wouldn't be too keen on me throwing some made up chick on there so eh, why not use her eyes since she has beatiful ones...

I am going to do up some sketches of the design but like I said, that is the general idea...

And no ghost flames or simple two-tone. They are nice, but not what I am going for.

Also, does anyone else know what would look great in the red and sit well with my plans for my girl's eyes? Bonnie, you said that I should leave them out, but do you have a suggestion as to what I should use to replace it? I don't want to leave it a simple red stripe. That would be too plain for me.

Oh and thanks for all the comments. This is actually helping a lot! :355:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, I triple the ghost flames on black ... that's pretty nice. You notice it from the next lane when you're driving and you're like "that's nice," and then you see it on something in the parking lot next to you or at a show and you're like "wooo, that's sweet!"

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am not really digging the way either of those meet at the back of the truck, I think just following the line and meeting in the middle would look better than the tribal kind of look you have going, but hey thats just my opinion, I won't condemn you for doing something you want to, to your truck. I like the ghost flame idea, ghost flames leading to skulls would be awesome, but if you are planning on having your girls pic in there somewhere I don't know how well that would go with the skulls

1 - 13 of 13 Posts