Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
Oh hell yea. Had to break out the big dog to take care of the job lol. Smell come out?
My other project car was freakin filthy on the inside. The carpet had mold growing on it. The center had old ass coffee dried up stuck everywhere it could puddle up... it was foul. I cleaned it with some carpet cleaner and brush and it looks brand new smells nice too. But i also put a whole new interior in. Soooo that helped alot as well. 1 of the seats was smashed in there and only was held by 2 bolts. 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
That circuit board will clean up with isopropanol (rubbing alcohol), but look closely for badly oxidized solder joints that may cause high resistance. If you have some bad connections, its as simple as touching the solder joint with a soldering pencil (not a huge soldering gun) just to melt it and let it solidify. I don't recommend doing this unless its an obvious problem with the connection.
There is a couple that look a lil corroded out. But i dont think its a problem bcuz the 4x4 shifts just fine. I just wanted to look at it bcuz ive been reading it everywhere along with all the issues we have been going thru.

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
I had the carpet from my s10 out and took a residential carpet cleaner to it for an hour or so. I used "pet odor" enzyme detergent to really clean it out. (PO was a smoker who used it as an ash tray.) It worked well. I also did the upholstery on the seats and door panels. Its a lot easier to do when its all taken apart.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
I had the carpet from my s10 out and took a residential carpet cleaner to it for an hour or so. I used "pet odor" enzyme detergent to really clean it out. (PO was a smoker who used it as an ash tray.) It worked well. I also did the upholstery on the seats and door panels. Its a lot easier to do when its all taken apart.

Registered
Discussion Starter #45
Touching the cables together is not a thermal event. It just helps drain any remaining juice from the system so you can start fresh. Should be no drama. The Passlock relearn is not a big deal at all, just takes a while.
That door switch that Larry mentioned was really interesting.....
Get those grounds cleaned up. Replace your CHMSL brake light, or at least the gasket. (I like the LED units)
The let us know what is working and what is not. We will go from there. Hopefully your carpet is serviceable, and can just be air dried.
Question. Is touching the negative to the positive a good idea?
Should i leave the positive connected?
After i do this do i need to do the key relearn process?
Not reading much on this process so im not too confident in doing it.

Any suggestions on what to do next thats free. (Not that im not willing to spend money on this problem.) Just wanna knock all the simple things out first.
Ive cleaned all the ground points in the cab. Checked loose wires. Fuses. Thats about it.

Registered
I don't think it does much more that leaving the battery disconnected for 10 minutes

NOOOOO. If you do the touchy dance with the cables, NEITHER of them are to be connected to the battery. This must only be done when the cables are off the battery!! IMPORTANT clarification there.

No, this will not require the Passlock relearn. The Passlock info is permanent. You only need to do the relearn when you replace the Ignition switch module, PCM, or BCM. Those are the parts involved in the secret handshake. Any new part will need to be introduced to the others for them to be bros again.

It is kind of a extra step to make sure all of the power is drained before reconnecting. If its weird to you, then just do the disconnect and be patient.

OK, you have cleaned your grounds. What are the bugs that you are still having in the interior?

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
I don't think it does much more that leaving the battery disconnected for 10 minutes

NOOOOO. If you do the touchy dance with the cables, NEITHER of them are to be connected to the battery. This must only be done when the cables are off the battery!! IMPORTANT clarification there.

No, this will not require the Passlock relearn. The Passlock info is permanent. You only need to do the relearn when you replace the Ignition switch module, PCM, or BCM. Those are the parts involved in the secret handshake. Any new part will need to be introduced to the others for them to be bros again.

It is kind of a extra step to make sure all of the power is drained before reconnecting. If its weird to you, then just do the disconnect and be patient.

OK, you have cleaned your grounds. What are the bugs that you are still having in the interior?
Lol okay well i left the battery disconnected all night so it should be okay. So i wont do that lolol
And as for the problems i dont kno yet i havent connected the battery back up. Im just trying to go thru all the steps before i reconnect it. The carpet is all dried out. So im going to lay that bsck down.
Should i take off the bcm and check for corrosion?

Registered
Discussion Starter #50
OMGGGG!!!!!! EVERYTHING TURNED ON!!!! HAHAHAHHAAAAA!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!! STARTED FIRST TURN! OHHH MAN IM SO STOKED.
馃槅馃槅馃槅馃槅馃槅馃槅馃

So weird thing still. The right turn signal is stuck on. And when i roll the dome light switch on. The hazards come on as well. What do you guys think?.
Also my 4x4 went out. But that was probly my fault. Ill probly need a new tccm. But hey we are getting somewhere! 馃挭

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
Okay so here is the door function
With dome light button in on position.

Driver door opened dome turns on. Hazards turn on.
Wait till they turn off.
Passenger door opened dome turns on.
Hazards flash SUPER fast. Thats all the weird functions ive found so far ill post more as i go.

Hopefully no more. 馃檹

Registered
Smells like a BCM that is sketchy.
The turn signal always on is weird. Do the wipers and cruise control work? Thats all on the same stalk. Can you get the left signal to come on?

So you open the door and the hazards come on. Neat! If you turn the dome light off, do they stop?

Radio is working?

Maybe we should left the TCCM alone eh. Good news there is I hear they are plug and play, no programming required.

worth a look at the BCM to see if there are any corroded pins. Replacing that will be a bit more of an adventure.

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
Yes when i turn the dome switch off the hazards stop as well.
I cant get the left turn signal to turn on. Only the right one is stuck on.
Horn doesnt work still.
Check engine light stuck on. Even completely off.
Left signal doesnt work at all even when i press the hazard

Radio works all the time now.
Wipers work.
All guages work in cluster.
Ac works heat works
Blows on every level.

So its all narrowed down to signals/hazards and or dome switch. 馃
Possibly bad fuse or relay? Or we still think its the bcm?

Registered
Discussion Starter #54
Sooo i also dont have headlights
I took the fuse to the front turn signal/hazard the light stopped working but still flashes on the inside.
I take out the rear fuse to the turn signal/hazard lights and both the inside stops flashing and the outside stops flashing.
All the fuses are clean and none broke.

Its literally just the headlights turn signal and dome... ahhhh so frustrating! Lol

Registered
OMGGGG!!!!!! EVERYTHING TURNED ON!!!! HAHAHAHHAAAAA!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!! STARTED FIRST TURN! OHHH MAN IM SO STOKED.
馃槅馃槅馃槅馃槅馃槅馃槅馃

So weird thing still. The right turn signal is stuck on. And when i roll the dome light switch on. The hazards come on as well. What do you guys think?.
Also my 4x4 went out. But that was probly my fault. Ill probly need a new tccm. But hey we are getting somewhere! 馃挭
For whatever stupid reason, the signal from the dimmer switch flows through the hazard light switch...I'm guessing there's something up with the harzard switch...but I'm going to keep digging. I'm digging into the right turn signal as well.

Registered
For whatever stupid reason, the signal from the dimmer switch flows through the hazard light switch...I'm guessing there's something up with the harzard switch...but I'm going to keep digging. I'm digging into the right turn signal as well.
I just figured out why the dimmer runs through the hazard light switch - it powers the backlight for the button - still may be a bad hazard light switch.

Registered
Ok...when you depress the hazard button, it grounds a signal from the BCM which turns on the hazard lights. So...I believe the multifunction switch is grounding this signal and causing the hazard lights to come on, which might mean G106 (the other splice pack on the passenger side) isn't doing its job since its a common ground point to these switches.

Registered
Discussion Starter #59
Can you turn the hazard lights off with the hazard switch once turned on by the dimmer sw?
Hey man sorry. I appreciate your research. When i press the hazards button it seems to work bcuz both inside signals on the cluster flash. But the whole left side flashers dont work at all. And the right side is stuck on. Not the hazards but the right signal.
Also. The hazards activate when you open either door (2door) and also when you turn on the overhead dome light on.
The last thing is my headlights dont work now

Registered
Discussion Starter #60
Hey guys. Im about to go pick up a bcm from a 05 colorado... i believe. Anyways. I just wanna make sure im getting the right one.
Should i be looking for my specific truck specs?
Like i dont have power windows or keyless entry.
Does it make a difference if its 4wd?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts