Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm at a loss to help you on this one - I haven't been down this road. I'd call a few vendors that sell the BCM's, or maybe a dealer and ask.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey man sorry. I appreciate your research. When i press the hazards button it seems to work bcuz both inside signals on the cluster flash. But the whole left side flashers dont work at all. And the right side is stuck on. Not the hazards but the right signal.
Also. The hazards activate when you open either door (2door) and also when you turn on the overhead dome light on.
The last thing is my headlights dont work now
This is a weird combination of things...did you clean up the BCM ground under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
WAIT BEFORE YOU SPEND MORE MONEY ON IT!!!!!
First thing to do is unplug the hazard light switch and see if everything else works. The hazard light switch controls all the blinkers. The easiest thing to do is take one step at a time. Don't replace the BCM, there's not enough issues to resort to that. See what happens when you unplug the wires on the back of the hazard switch. The next thing I would replace is the headlight switch. If nothing improves when you unplug the hazard switch, I'd replace the multifunction switch. It is a disaster to replace though. The steering wheel needs to come off and you have to fight with the absurd set of clips that take the air bag out. I've replaced my multifunction switch twice on my '04. Both times, the first thing that went out was the cruise control, then the wipers. I'm pretty sure you have a bad hazard light switch. That could cause all the problems you've mentioned. Just unplug it and see what happens. Simple things first. Don't replace the BCM before tryin the hazard switch.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts