Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys im in the process of installing a new amp! I just bought one from hannibal today and i started the wiring process as soon as i got home! So far i have ran wire through one of the doors, the power to the back wall, the remote wire, rca's. I'm just taking my time and making it look as clean as completely possible. I don't want anyone to know its there.
I Drilled the holes for all the wires to poke through to make it a very clean install today until it got too dark to continue. Tomorrow i should be finished with wiring the rest of the doors and tuning and wiring it all up. I'm very excited to see how this goes, but as of right now i think my truck is in about 500 pieces that all snap together! ha

this is before i started ripping into all the snap ons!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha yeah it should be done by tomorrow! I had to put the amp upside down just because otherwise i would be crossing power and rca's which i don't think would have been a good idea so i just put it upside ha

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well if it wasn't for the lights I'd say just flip it over.

Hell no one will see it anyway.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha exactly what i thought. Thanks a lot jeff! ha it should be done by the end of tomorrow... running the wires through the door is a bitch because there are other wires from when i added the power door locks. But with enough grip i think i can do it. You got any pointers to doing it?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nope not really........ Just keep pushing and have patients it'll go.....

Well actually you might be able to try a coat hanger straightened out....

Try to run it through there and then if it goes through tape the wire to it and pull it back through.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will have to do that first thing in the morning ha i gotta get this knocked out and i wanna do it right so i've got from about 8 am - 3:30 pm to finish this. I'm pretty confident i can do it. I got a lot of it done in the 3 hours i was working on it today.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You should not have a problem getting it done in that time.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha i am starting on it right now ha you think i could wake up that early?! ha never!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i didn't get to finish today, i had to go to work at 4 and i sound proofed my whole truck while i had the carpet up to wire the doors. I got all the wiring done except for the remote wiring, and plugging the power to the source but still not really sure how to hook the remote wire up. Any suggestions? jeff was saying go into the power window fuse since i don't have power windows, but the question is i don't have a fuse to hook it up to and can't really get one. Does anyone have any other ideas or jeff do you have any other ideas? Thanks.

Also i was able to take off the logo and flip it so it is no longer upside down :bang:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh snap son i will do that as soon as i get home! ha thanks man i only have two more wires to hook and and solder the door speakers and im a free man!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
soldering the wire to the speaker terminals.

·
Registered
893 Posts
So is it done yet??????

1 - 20 of 40 Posts