Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking for a while but I just officially joined. I bought a 2012 Z85 4x4. It is all stock at the moment but I am going to build it up as a surprise for my son who is serving a mission for our church. He will be home in December after being gone for two years. He will be needing some wheels to go to college in Utah. So I am hoping to have the truck in great shape for when he gets home.

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Welcome to the "Nation" !!!

· Premium Member
927 Posts
:welcome2:

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

To answer what my plans are for the build not everything is set in stone but at this point.

Phase 1 pickup bed 90% complete
I took out the drop in and rolled on a Rust-Oleum bed liner then put the plastic liner back in. I like the protection of the drop in and with the Rust-Oleum bed liner underneath it should prevent the drop in from scuffing up the bed and allowing rust.
I have installed a Dyno Lock electronic tailgate lock
I just installed a Backflip F1 tonneau cover as well.
The only things I have left on phase one is to roll on the bed liner on the tailgate and attach the drain tubes for the tonneau cover

Phase 2 lift
I have already purchased Skyjacker Add a Leaf, H3 U-bolts and CST CSR-2455 shocks for the rear.
I have not decided for sure on the front but I am leaning towards the Suspension Max adjustable keys. I like that kit mostly due to getting a full three inches and all of the extra goodies (dif drop, bump stops, shock extensions) I am leaning towards a new set of Bilstein shocks to go with it.
Phase 3 appearance
Nerf Bars
Floor Matts
Bug shield
Phase 4 performance and tires
Cold Air Intake
Cat Back
Duratrac 265/75/16
Tune

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.