Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I started working with Larry a few months back to design a BullMaxx bar to incorporate a receiver tube for a winch mount. After some thought, and design

changes, here's what he came up with.

He took the option 2 bar, added the receiver tube onto the main bar with a machined 3/16" plate, and braced it to the side plates with 1/2"x1" solid bar. It also has a 1/4" brace on top of the receiver tube to the main bar. It's extremely beefy, just like you'd expect on a BullMaxx bar.

The finished piece is outstanding. The rear bracing does not require cutting, this unit bolts right up like the standard option 2. He has a jig made for these, and is ready to produce them for the masses!!!!!

From start to finish, the whole design deal with Larry was exactly what anyone in the customer service industry should strive to be. He actually took the time

to listen to my ideas, and was willing to put the work in on an already outstanding piece to try and get what I wanted. He kept me up to date with any

progress, and even let me know when he didnt get time to work on it. I let him take his time on the design, and finish, and damn was it worth it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have some lights on it this weekend, and am waiting to get a decent winch so I can fab my plate. This thing is bad ass, Larry really outdid himself on this piece.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyone have an email or phone number to contact Larry at? I can't find one on the web site. I'm trying to order one of these bullmaxx bars.

·
Super Moderator
3,622 Posts
Anyone have an email or phone number to contact Larry at? I can't find one on the web site. I'm trying to order one of these bullmaxx bars.
His phone number is in the second picture of the first post of this thread :shrug:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
nice deal man but was there any thought for us 2wd guys seeing how we miss out on some cool shit

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
How solid is the mounting of the reciever tube to the BMaxx bar?

I wanna do this to mine, but using my existing frount mount hitch and cut the ends off the cross bar and welding that to the BMaxx's brackets.

Like this...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've pulled some pretty stout/stupid things with mine so far, and nothing has fazed it. In the first post, one of the pictures shows the mounting bracket and extra support tab Larry put on this thing. It's a beast. If he'd make these for other trucks, I could have him covered up in BullMaXX bars.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
My concern is sticking my 10k winch in there and pulling my 4000lb truck out of a mud hole, or having to winch another truck out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're close enough to me we can get together and you can check it out. I wouldnt be a bit afraid of latching onto anything and pulling it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I want one... emailing him now.. wondering what he will charge..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone have pricing info? I really dislike having to call people, them give me a price that I can't currently afford and me having to tell them I'm gonna pass. It wastes their time and I usually feel bad about it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts