Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was looking through all the parts from the lift that got here yesterday and i was looking at the bump stops it comes with. they are huge! are they really neccesary?? idk if they are or not. kinda a stupid question but i know u guys can answer it. :355:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now my question is...what would happen if i didnt put these on? anything? is it bad for it or something? haha they just seem a little extreme and it looks like they would get rid of a lot of travel.. but im not sure. so i need some input! thanks guys!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I would imagine if they came with the kit it would be best to use them. Without them the suspension the suspension might compress to far and damage something, like your shocks. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I'm not looking at my truck right now, but if I remember correctly the factory bumpstops are mounted to a non moving part of the frame. and the new sub frame(cradle) that comes with your lift does not relocate this. So to prevent overextension on your CV's and maximize their life. As well as not overextending the angles on your tie rod ends. This is the cost effective engineered sollution. The lift kit companies who sell to the masses have to make the most cost effective/best product they can. Unless you go to the high dollar custom fab stuff like the racers build would be great. But car payments,mortage,wife,2.5 kids, dog......... Kind of prevent this stuff for most of us. However it would sure be nice to drop it of at a shop and say give it 17 inches of travel front and rear, add dual ARB's, and coil overs front and rear, and make it ride like my Dad's Buick. lol

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
^Now that you quoted that I realized I said the suspension twice. E-stutter FTW! :lol:

·
Registered
563 Posts
gosh damn those are huge.

i agree with brakenit and josue. i would put those on so as not to damage any of the shocks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know this is an old thread but my question is what would happen if i just cut like an inch and a half off these stops...i mean my truck is practically resting on them. I have the same style bumps stops with my lift

1 - 17 of 17 Posts