Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
My GF playing with sparklers on New Years while I got use to messing with shutter speed. These were taken without a tripod. Just bracing in a seated position

What you guys think? I know they're ok but I thought they were neat as a first few pics.
Nice start :thumbup: I still need to play with the manual settings for shots like this.

·
CALI BOSS
6,309 Posts
Thanks for all the help everyone! @DBNissan I bought that tripod you posted and man I'm liking the size and how easy it is to use. Can't wait to get some pics with it when I get some time!
Glad you like the tripod! I've been thinking of picking up a second one myself. I've already modded my tripod with a new Arca-Swiss QR plate compatible mount.

BTW, great shots!

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Glad you like the tripod! I've been thinking of picking up a second one myself. I've already modded my tripod with a new Arca-Swiss QR plate compatible mount.

BTW, great shots!
Thanks I appreciate it! Can you please explain to me what you mean and the benefits of changing to that?

·
CALI BOSS
6,309 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it! Can you please explain to me what you mean and the benefits of changing to that?
The QR plate and mount on the ballhead that you have now are similar to an Arca style plate except it's a bit wider. I have the Peak Design Capture Clip Pro that utilizes an Arca style QR plate. I also have hand straps on both cameras that came with Arca style QR plates. So, the advantage now is that both cameras have an Arca style plate on them and either will mount onto the tripod quickly. The Arca QR plates are also flatter so they are less bulky and can be kept on the camera at all times.

Here's the Arca style clamp mount I modded my ballhead with

This is the Peak Design Capture Pro

The hand strap I use

21 - 25 of 25 Posts