Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unfortunately have become victim to the ever so popular leak issues with the Colorado. My third brake light was the issue for me. I have since fixed that, however my carpeting and insulation is ruined. I am trying to see if anyone here has done custom carpeting for their truck or if everyone has just ordered molded replacements. I am a country boy and love my camo so I am thinking of laying down Mossey Oak Break-Up Infinity. I have found where I can purchase the materials and do it myself but I would like to find a professional instead. Can anyone refer me to someone? :th_woot:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well you have a few options. One is to remove your carpet and mix up some choice concoction to soap it down and wash it. Use color safe bleach to kill mold and bacteria. Hang over a fence to drip dry for a few hours and then lay on concrete or roof of house and let it completely dry then reinstall.
Or go to rockauto.com and order some new carpet. Their price is cheapest I have found for OEM carpet. Plus you can usually get a 5% discount code here on the nation. Just go to the marketplace and click their name and see if a code is active.
Any other material you use instead of OEM carpet should be cleanable and withstand the wear and tear. Most OEM carpet only gets mold on the underside in the cotton padding. I just mixed up some 50/50 mix of bleach and sprayed the padding, but be careful not to spray the carpet itself unless its color safe bleach or it will be white when you finish.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I'm just glad it turned out as good as it did. One career choice I won't ever consider is automotive upholstery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts