Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't figure out why they say the new Colorado looks so much better than the Canyon. I like the Canyon.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The Canyon reminds me more and more of a Honda Ridgeline. Especially when the grille and flares are colour matched in photoshop.

Nothing reminds me of a Ridgeline, other than than a Pilot maybe which shares the front end.

That thing is one of a kind.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
424 Posts
IMHO, for the 1st time in a long time, Chevy has a better looking front end than GMC.

·
Registered
248 Posts
IMHO, for the 1st time in a long time, Chevy has a better looking front end than GMC.
The new Colorado is growing on me more and more, but the Canyon edges it out in the looks department especially since it looks like a scaled down Sierra...... Just looks more truck like IMO.

·
Registered
34 Posts
From what I've seen so far I think the Canyon looks a bit nicer. Now if Chevy would do a ZQ8 version with either the LS3 or new LT1 then we'd be set :) Chevy needs a good sport truck, although I'm sure the Silverado would get the attention before the Colorado/Canyon would, like the Cheyenne concept.

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
The Canyon IMO is a way better looking truck than the Colorado. I'm leaning heavily towards the Canyon when its time to replace the ole' Colorado.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This thread once again proves that looks are subjective. I personally prefer the look of the Canyon, as it looks like a mini-Sierra. The Colorado is unique, and also a good looking truck. If I'm buying, the GMC model gets my money though. Drivers of the new Colorado will still get a thumbs-up from me on the streets though.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
I think both are good looking trucks, but the Colorado gets my vote for best looking. Sportier looking grille area, better flowing body lines, not so chopped up like the Canyon. But most of all it does not look like a "mini-me" of the Silverado, while the Canyon does look like a "Mini-me" of the Sierra. The Colorado has its own style and personality in my opinion.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Both are still ugly, I think Chevy is going through there ugly faze right now. Nothing new they are putting out are any good IMO other than the Camaro. I'm actually looking at a Ford for my wife, and I hate Ford. :shrug:

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
This thread once again proves that looks are subjective. I personally prefer the look of the Canyon, as it looks like a mini-Sierra. The Colorado is unique, and also a good looking truck. If I'm buying, the GMC model gets my money though. Drivers of the new Colorado will still get a thumbs-up from me on the streets though.
It never ceases to amaze me how styling affects the purchase of a new vehicle.
And styling is so fleeting. Change of trim every year makes one vehicle old real quick.

I have always preferred the GMC styling.
On the 2015's the Colorado front appears more like a car or SUV while the Canyon looks more like a truck.

If I am purchasing a truck I want it to look like a truck.

Both trucks are going to be exactly the same. Except for some trim details.
Who is kidding whom?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts