Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my truck retuned yesterday for my new cam, I ended up making 505rwhp 455rwtq @8psi with my fuel injectors maxed out, that's about 89rwhp gain with the cam swap!!!!! I need to upgrade the injectors and either swap out the fuel pump or install a boost a pump. I know just upgrading the fuel system will get a higher number, but for now that's how she's doing so far by the way this is all with a stock 4l60e lol only upgrades are billet super servos, 300 circle d stall, tranny cooler.
Here's a pic of the dyno graph sheet

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
SO you currently have more power on tap then a C6 ZO6 or a Camaro ZL1

My buddies '14 ZL1 put down 490rwhp before he put it into storage for the winter......its all stock

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
SO you currently have more power on tap then a C6 ZO6 or a Camaro ZL1

My buddies '14 ZL1 put down 490rwhp before he put it into storage for the winter......its all stock
he has more power, but he also has a lot more weight. The power to weight ratio would probably even out so at his current specs I would guess he could put down around 11.8 - 12.0 in a 1/4 mile which is on par for a C6 Z06

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
^^ Valid statement

But its hard to pick up supplies at Lowes in a ZO6 :lmaop:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
What special place to you shop at Matt???

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
ok, Lets take this to the OT area and not detract from this thread

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow great gains! How's traction now? Do you have a high stall torque converter?
I haven't really got "on it" since I'm still in the process of upgrading the fuel system, I'm getting either 60lb or 80lb injectors and fuel pump wise I might end up doing a return style system,, as far as traction I dirint have any before the cam swap lol,,, I installed a 3000k circle d converter also

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice you have it running good now! Quick question~:motor been out of the truck and care to give cam specs?
Thanks and the motor hasn't been out of the truck,,, It's a Vengance Racing custom grind cam,,,, vrsc-1,,,, 223/231 .610 .617 lift mild blower cam

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Damn,that's like 600 at the crank,that is really good on that amount of boost! Zl1's,CTSV's with the [email protected] Are only doing in the 560 range.Nice going.
My buddies new '14 ZL1 put down 490rwhp just after the required 1500 mile break in period

·
Registered
155 Posts
I haven't really got "on it" since I'm still in the process of upgrading the fuel system, I'm getting either 60lb or 80lb injectors and fuel pump wise I might end up doing a return style system,, as far as traction I dirint have any before the cam swap lol,,, I installed a 3000k circle d converter also
I'm in the same boat as you, I'm researching injectors and a fuel pump but having a hell of a time figuring out what will be compatible. Let me know what you find out, that would help me out a lot. I might go with a LS3 fuel rails sense those injectors are easier to source. What are you going to do about the fuel pump? Also are you going to add a fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
someone said the fuel pump voltage can be raised thru the PCM
like a boost a pump on newer vehicles. i went thru 2 pumps with
the KB boost a pump in my GN

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I already bought a walbro 450lph fuel pump and will be adding a boost reference regulator,, I will be doing a complete return style conversion, and deleting the FPCM

·
Registered
155 Posts
someone said the fuel pump voltage can be raised thru the PCM
like a boost a pump on newer vehicles. i went thru 2 pumps with
the KB boost a pump in my GN
I was able to make an Aeromotive 340 Part number 11142 work with the 60lb ls2 injectors. The Aeromotive pump is about 3/8 taller than the stock pump but everything else is pretty much identical. It plugs right in and goes into the stock bucket with a little modification, you just have to trim the top of the receptacle were the fuel nozzle plugs in on the buck and trim a tiny piece of the bottom of the key slot of the Aeromotive pump. The injectors fit nice too, they're just a little taller so you have to had washers to the fuel rails. I got it tuned and I'm making over 500 hp to the wheels, and the fuel system is only at 70% of it's capacity. I think I could've squeezed like 535hp out of it but I didn't want to compromise the reliability, plus I still need to pin the harmonic-balancer and upgrade my rockers. I wish I would of taken more pics of this process. This I think is the easiest and least complicated way to do it. I have about 4 hrs driving time on this fuel set up no problems so far.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts