Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a cherry bomb 3in. Single in-3in. Dual out installed last week. They removed my spare for clearance but when they rerouted my pipes they put them right over my passenger side axle, so every time I hit a bump they slam together. How should I reroute my pipes?? Thinking about a side swipe style

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
seems like they just didn't install them correctly, i installed my dynomax single in duel out, had to remove my spare just as you did, mine go over the passenger side axel just as your do, but they don't smack together, and the axel does contact them at all. seems to me that you just need to re adjust your pipes so they are not touching and crank those bolts down as tight as you can get.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im gonna check it out and see what I can do...may have to get em rerouted

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all of the bolts are tight, im pretty sure its the way the welded them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of dual exhaust, out each side, and maintaining the spare tire location? I got my xtreme with duals on it, but the drivers side pipe runs diagonally across the spare location... As nice as it is having a matching aftermarket spare, I don't want it in the bed. Any help for a new drivers side pipe rout would be MUCH appreciated, guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wish I could, but this is how the exhaust was when I bought the truck used. I was also thinking about just dumping the two pipes right of the muffler and putting the 2 current 3x12 stainless tips underneath. Opinions on that idea?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts