Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking awhile but thought I might be able to add some info to help people. I’m primarily concerned with power/towing but looks never hurt either. Currently have a 2010 3.7 4x4 crew cab that’s been a decent truck. Current mods are
Built trans
Trans cooler
EFan
Ported the exhaust ports
Header
Supplemental oil line
Intake resonator delete
Modified stock air box
Gabriel load carrier shocks
Front bumper cut
Tint

and of course a picture
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And to copy over my Facebook how to-

Don’t know if this has been done before, but swapped to an electric fan on my 2010 colorado today. I’m using the ecu to control it, and turns out if your like me and have deleted your smog pump then it’s very simple to wire up.

At the ecu simply open the J3 connector and remove the brown wire at pin 9 (air pump relay) and insert it into pin 49 (electric fan). This will use the factory relay by the air box to control the fan, save the connector off the smog pump and use it on your fan. Everything uses factory wiring/ fuses and looks about as clean as it gets.

Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Shotgun Automotive exterior

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, why is there not a dedicated 3.7/2.8 performance mod list? Most other forums I’m on do a dedicated thread with mods that have proven results. I know everything is in here somewhere, but it would be very helpful to new members looking for power to have a thread that’s setup with everything
Ex
Price low to high
1, how to cut your air box
2, how to gut your manifold
3, how to delete your resonator
4, how to electric fan conversion
5, dyno tuning
6, header install
7, turbo kit
8, LS swap
Etc
Ive been browsing the forums for several months now and I still stumble on to things from time to time that I’ve missed and could be compiled in one place.

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.

From your initial post: "Been lurking awhile but thought I might be able to add some info to help people." This is your chance. Start a Thread titled "3.7/2.8 Performance Mod List" and add your info. Someone has to do it and it might as well be someone who is interested in the content.

FYI, you are aware that there are about 12 active Members here, right? Most new Members show up with a problem and disappear as soon as they find a solution. Most of the 'older' Members haven't posted for years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t mind if there’s not a probation for new members. Most of the other forums I’ve joined have one. To be honest I’m guilty of it as well, it’s rare I keep a car longer than 5 years. Most only a few months. But forums have helped me a ton over the years so I try to give back when I can. I know nothing about the 2.8, but I’ll get together what I’ve found and start a thread.

·
2 timer
3,086 Posts
Greetings and Welcome...My 2.9 laughs at your 2.8...:)

·
Luv them hoochies
5,240 Posts
Welcome 2 the nation

Nice truck
That's a good start
If you look up James @Supermodulation he offers things for our trucks
Efan which you already have
Ptb
Supersparks which looks like you're already doing
Tunes road tunes are the best he can dial them in way better then a bench but bench tunes are still pretty good
Switch back drls
Skid plates
I'm sure there's more

Just look him up
He is a busy guy so don't get frustrated

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
FYI, you are aware that there are about 12 active Members here, right? Most new Members show up with a problem and disappear as soon as they find a solution. Most of the 'older' Members haven't posted for years.
Hey! There are at least 13 of us "older" members that drop by every once in awhile!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts