Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2007 Canyon a few weeks ago and am enjoying driving it while doing some emissions work and an upgrade or two.
SLE extended cab, Z71, 3.7L, 4WD, 4.10 G80, GVW rating - 5,300 lbs., Stealth Gray Metallic with black/ebony cloth interior, PW, PL, PM, AM/FM/CD/MP3/XM radio, cruise and tilt wheel.
I have replaced the purge valve and the thermostat with OEM parts which cleared P0128 and P0496 codes, but I’m still chasing a P0420 code. Both O2 sensors are reading as I understand they should and I believe the cat is OK as I’m not seeing any performance issues.
Replaced the peeling chrome grill and the permanently fobed headlights and parking lights/turn signals with “stock” aftermarket (non-OEM) parts, replaced the broken tail gate handle and am in the process of replacing speakers.
Next on the list is a set of GMC chromed wheels as mine are peeling. If I can’t find chrome I may go painted black with the chrome center caps as I saw on another Canyon.
Located in Trussville, AL - ROLL TIDE! 5D8697F5-3CF5-47DA-BEAC-90B43378744B.jpeg 9 00E90162-1023-4512-8286-A525DD81E61E.jpeg 38DEFC7A-597D-45AD-B6FC-8C4AC2275829.jpeg

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Welcome to the Nation. Thought you might of had a V8 from your user name. If you didnt live so far from me i wouldve had some oem 17" chrome wheels for you to check out that im selling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the Nation. Thought you might of had a V8 from your user name. If you didnt live so far from me i wouldve had some oem 17" chrome wheels for you to check out that im selling.
The v8 In my user name is actually part of av8r (aviator), as I was at one time actively flying as a private pilot. But, it’s an expensive hobby (a lot more expensive than trucks) and I don’t have the “discretionary income” to support it now.
I’m planning on sticking with 15s because the tires on the truck are nearly new Cooper Discoverer ATS. If I had 17s on it I’d probably bend a rim the first week. There is a guy on Facebook Marketplace locally who has a set of 15“ chrome wheels. I’ve asked him if they are 15 x 7 and he said he would check but hasn’t messaged back yet. There is a set of polished wheels nearby but no center caps. Not sure how my chrome center caps would look with polished wheels. And, not really sure what the guy means by “polished”. Maybe just clear-coated natural aluminum.
Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to learning more about 355s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts