Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i found you guys whilst looking for info on doing a v8 conversion on my Rodeo, and wow everyone seems to have all the answers.
I have a 2004 Holden Rodeo LT Crewcab 4x4 3.5 v6 Auto, i enjoy my truck although it is just missing something!
I was thinking about buying a complete damaged 5.3 colorado or canyon auto 4x4 from an insurance auction or the like and import it and use it as a donor for a complete drivetrain swap and other cosmetic parts, leather interior would be awesome. if anyone had ideas, suggestions, or a simpler solution with this particular model would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hubbs

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Welcome to the site!
We're really happy you found us.

Hi i found you guys whilst looking for info on doing a v8 conversion on my Rodeo, and wow everyone seems to have all the answers.
You aren't talking about me here, but there are many good folk on this site who do have the answers, knowledge of these trucks gained by a lot of hard work and by sharing that knowledge here with everyone.

My truck brings me much pleasure every day, and it would not be so if not for the help and generosity of the people here.
I hope you'll find what you need. I know everyone will be interested to hear about owning and driving your truck in Australia.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Thanks Hubbs
hubbs where you at down under? I’ve got friends from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne over to Adelaide.. Plenty of available options out there for a motor swap. Any late model holdens have the LS motors in them, no need to source a 5.3 colorado.
Welcome to the site, plenty of good peeps in here..

Post some pics of your rodeo

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi from country nsw.
There are plenty of ls motors about, I just like the idea of it being all factory, no mods. Not that I'm against mods, I just like things factory they are usually reliable and they work. To long working in a dealership having to deal with backyard mods I guess.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
welcome mate

1 - 19 of 19 Posts