Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 355's have had complains about shifting and just want to make sure mine is normal. When Im driving at just about any speed my Canyon will basically downshift as I enter the hill. So Im basically entering the incline of a hill where any other car I have driven will downshift and I will completely lose power, forcing me to punch the gas just to keep my speed. Is this normal, will a programer fix this, pcm for less, is my Canyon messed up? Any thoughts/suggestions?

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
psst you might get better answers in the right section of the forum

·
Registered
228 Posts
I notice this too, If my '05 I5 colorado goes up a hill with a decent incline it seems like it overreacts to error and downshifts enormously. Alot of times I will manually shift it down to keep it from doing this. From what I've been reading, it seems some engine tuning can correct this?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
OOOh A tune will suit your needs! I remember my truck would just sit in overdrive pretty much and lug up the hill, then if i gave it nearly 3/4 gas it would violently downshift haha tune fixes that and it tends to always be in the right gear and if not only a lil tap of the pedal is needed to make it shift!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts