Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just bought a teddy bear 06 Canyon Extended Cab. Original owner, 46k miles. I live in Florida and flew to Texas to buy it and drive it home. I'm already learning about upgrading wheels (is the center boring the only choice?), and while I'm VERY happy with the truck, I have the dreaded rough idle and P0305 head problem. Local shop says #5 is down 20 lbs on the leak test. They did the swap coils, swap wires, swap injectors and the valve is clearly the culprit. I was reading some very old posts (2010ish) that indicated if I replace the head, the problem will likely come back. I can't help but think with todays technology and materials the guides would be better than 10-plus years ago. Any thoughts? GLAD I found this group, looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Welcome. As far as wheels go, I've purchased 2 sets of used toyota wheels for my truck. 4Runner wheels are the only stock wheels I'm aware of that will fit our trucks without having to bore the center hub hole. There are some nice ones out there and I ordered a Chevy bowtie emblem to cover up the Toyota logo. Pretty cheap fit and 4Runner wheels have been made in 15", 16" and 17" over the years, so you have options on sizes and I've bought mine off of Facebook Marketplace both times with good tires on them. Here's my first set of 4Runner wheels I bought.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
2 timer
1,554 Posts
Greetings and Welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts