Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some issues I have a 2011 Chevy Colorado lt extended cab 3.7l. I replaced brakes all around but I’m still having vibration in my steering wheel it’s worse now. Please let me know what’s going on

·
Registered
493 Posts
Try rotating the tires and see if it moves. Did you replace the rotors? Is the vibration constant across all vehicle speeds?

·
Internet Troll
1,305 Posts
Greetings and welcome.

Another thing that get's missed is tire balancing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try rotating the tires and see if it moves. Did you replace the rotors? Is the vibration constant across all vehicle speeds?
Yup I did rotors and drums when I’m stoping 50 and up it likes to vibrate and the car hops as well. I know if there warped or the caliper boot is damage it could cause the vibration so I’m going to look at that

·
Registered
493 Posts
...and rotating the tires doesn't shift the vibration front/rear? Make sure the wheel surface that contacts the rotors/drums is clean/oxide free. A caliper causing this would be unusual unless it is not fully letting go and overheating the rotors. Warped wheels and tires with broken guts (look for bumps/bubbles) do this too and can make it through a wheel balancing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts