Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew one of my stockers and decided that it would be good to go ahead and upgrade all of them. I picked up a set of Polk Audio 6 1/2 components for the front and 6 1/2 coaxials for the rear.

Finished the install and I am pretty happy with the results. I have to tune my cd player now, but these things scream! I love being able to hear all of the instruments as well as the vocals clearly haha.

I kind of wish that I would have mounted them under the stock grilles, but I like way it is set up with the Polk grilles. I think that I am going to pull the grilles back off and paint them black eventually. I also need to get the panels covered too.

Anyway, here are a couple pics.

Let me know what you guys think...

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The stockers blow compared to pretty much anything. I still can't believe I listened to mine for about a year and a half.. blah. Definately glad I upgraded. Especially for this Arizona trip I will be going on at the end of the week...

I know that this isn't the correct section, but what do you guys think of this setup as well. I think that I will be doing this type of look in the future when I get my doors covered. Tan suede and black leather look-alike vynil. Also, the grilles would be black...

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I am still kind of iffy about the way it is setup with the grilles, but I think that it will grow on me.

I wonder if I can get a license plate that says ( . )( . ) haha

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I know that this isn't the correct section, but what do you guys think of this setup as well. I think that I will be doing this type of look in the future when I get my doors covered. Tan suede and black leather look-alike vynil. Also, the grilles would be black...

You're putting tan/black on your doors? Don't you have a grey interior???

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the dark pewter interior. I think that I am going to cover everything (dash, panels, visors, seats...) like I said, but for now, the dark plastic has to do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
are you using the factory head unit?

i have 2 pair of infinity ref. 6.5's that i never installed in my blazer, i was thinking of putting them in place of stockers in my 290 but was wondering if the headunit was enough power....b/c right now the thing sounds WEAK.

·
Registered
84 Posts
are you using the factory head unit?

i have 2 pair of infinity ref. 6.5's that i never installed in my blazer, i was thinking of putting them in place of stockers in my 290 but was wondering if the headunit was enough power....b/c right now the thing sounds WEAK.
It isn't - i think the stocker only puts out around 9-10 watts. I would suggest an amp for any speakers you put in.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
looks sic bro!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts