Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
That's an interesting shackle you have there.
Those look identical to Helwig helper springs. Did it lift the rear at all once you installed them?

And holy shackle! Those look longer than suspension maxx ones. It's not welded together at any point either just two flat bars with holes drilled basically. Hey if it works it works!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I don't understand how it works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I believe they are more or less like a stiffener plate. It grabs the leaf in two locations, helping prevent the spring from losing arch when it's loaded down.

Perhaps lift was gained in this case due to a sagging leaf pack. The 'helper' helped pull the leaf back towards a stock type arch.

I do not believe they are meant to be used to 'lift' the vehicle for those interested in a $20 lift. Others will correct me if they have different experiences.

·
"ALL JACKED UP"
2,448 Posts
I have something similar.............they add 500lbs. I needed them because of the lift for my wheel chair....My wheel chair weights 500+ lbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed these for towing my camper. They were $44 and it made a big difference in how the truck felt. Much easier and cheaper than buying all new leafs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts